Thursday, August 24, 2006

MOACAT


I think I should start a club called MOACAT--Mothers of adult children and toddlers.

There's a gal at work who is my age who gave birth 3 years ago and has 2 grown children. There are about a bajillion [yes, that is a real word ;) ] of us who have Children from China and grown or nearly grown children.

When we go somewhere, we don't really fit in. Who should we hang with? If I hang out with similar age women, they are happily discussing graduations, marriages, driver's licenses and grandchildren. I do have most of that and can relate.

If I hang out with the first time parents, they are happily talking about diapers, cutting teeth and the terrific 2s, 3s & 4s. It's not that we don't love all you folks with your first time toddlers BUT, we are in a special class. How many of you have had a hysterectomy??

Worst of all is the single crowd. There's a gal at work who likes to compare parenting to her having a cat. I see some resemblences but really!?!

So, I am suggesting a new classification--MOACAT. Anyone want to join? If it goes well, and I think it will, then we can become a nationally recognized group, perhaps even with a strong lobby in congress.

1 viewers thoughts.:

Stefanie said...

Well, Verna....I guess you can count David and myself in that group! :) 26, 24, 21, 12, 2 and 4 months and a possible plane ride to China again?!?!? We must be crazy! ;) However, I do believe that God has revealed his purpose to us......parenthood......no Florida condo is in our future! We'll live here FOREVER! LOL