Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Early for Us

Mya has been loving all the decorated houses. So, I broke down and got out the manger, star and light strings and put up our decorations.

Some may think they are a bit odd but we switched from a tree to a manger about 15 yrs ago. Keith made the manger for the church Christmas play and we started decorating our home around it. It's easy and clean. As Christmas approaches, packages will appear around the manger and the whole floor near it will be full of colorful wrapped boxes.

In the photo, Mya is calling Carrie to tell her that we have put up the decorations.

4 viewers thoughts.:

Anonymous said...

What a ham! And I see she's wearing her blues clues! I miss you guys! I've been really busy lately! Hopefully see you this Sunday not sure though not feeling well...

~Katie

Stefanie said...

I love it.....and very clever with the manger! It will keep the focus on the real meaning of Christmas. Glad to hear things are well at the Anderson house! :) Hope Mya didn't run up a big phone bill! :) You know how those girls can talk! :)

Nikki said...

I think it looks beautiful, Verna.
Mya looks like a pre-teen in that picture, How cute!

Anonymous said...

Verna - I love it - I agree with Stef - keeps the focus where it should be - and MUCH less time consuming than Father Christmas' stuff over here!!!! Hey, shall I give you my cell number and Mya and Chloe can chat?!?!?!