Tuesday, November 14, 2006

When The Answer Is "NO"

So many times, when our children ask for something, we are forced to say "no" because it is best for them not to have what they want. Their reaction, especially the littler ones, is to stomp their feet and pout and as they get older, they ask "why?" Adults are no different. This last week, we asked God for a little boy to add to our family. He was a special need boy and would have fit well with us but God said "no". The Lord knows the desires of our heart. He also knows what is best for us. I am really disappointed and sad that we will not be this little boy's parents. I want to cry 'cuz it hurts. I'd like to ask "why" but I think I know the answer. When we get our next child, it will all be clear but for now, it just hurts. I know he was matched with a wonderful family that will take really good care of him. For that I am thankful but the head is often faster to understand than the heart.

3 viewers thoughts.:

Anonymous said...

Verna - you got me crying over here - "No" is so hard - now I know how my kids feel!!! I am still lifting you and Keith up in prayer - God's plan is so beyond us - that's the tough part, isn't it?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Verna, I learn so much through watching people respond to dissapointment...how deep and wide is the the Love of Christ. He does have a perfect plan for your family. Adoption really does teach us about God, doesn't it.

Terry

Stefanie said...

God's will plan will become clear to you in the months to come. And when it does, what a joyous day that will be! ;)