Saturday, December 16, 2006

Just For Emmie

Hi Emmie,

Life has been one big blur this week. I have picked up extra hours at work and today is the first of 4 days off. Praise the Lord!!!

This morning, Mya and I headed off to church at 9:15 so that she could be at program practice and I could assemble the candy/prize bags for our Church Christmas program, tomorrow. These are bags that even you would love. Inside is a small pack of holiday crayons, a notebook, plastic ring, sticky rubber lizard, stickers, a blow horn, a plastic necklace, a balloon and a LOT of candy. The program starts at 10:00 am, if you care to come over AND the great thing is it is followed by ham dinner. So, you don't even have to rush out to eat.

After stuffing the bags, I sent Mya home with Erin, in hopes that Mya would take a nap. Then I was off to pick up my Dyson vacuum from the local Best Buy cuz it just plain wouldn't start one day. Fortunately, we had the extended warranty and it did not cost me anything out of pocket. I did look kind of funny pushing a vacuum across the parking lot, I have to admit.

Next, I went over to Borders Books with the intention of finding a vegetarian cookbook for my son's girlfriend, Rachael. I did find one and then a book for each member of the family except Mya, she gets 4 little ones. My son gets 2 actually--bunny care books. I thought my future son-in-law could use a "college cookbook" so that he can take care of Carrie when she doesn't want to cook. I can't share Erin or Carrie's books cuz they occasionally read my blog.

I had had enough shopping by then and headed home only to find that Mya was still awake, helping papa daddy put up Christmas lights. We played outside for a few minutes and ate some lunch. By then it was well after 1:00. So, off to nap for Mya. I did not get a nap, though. I put the finishing touches on our Christmas Program bulletin and started it printing--60 of them on my little printer takes a while. Then, I thought, "I have gotten so many nice Christmas cards, the least I can do is send out a Christmas email to those who have email." So, I did. Your mom should have a copy. No pictures, though. Waiting for the wedding on that.

Mya was still napping. So, I wrapped my Borders Books gifts, drank a pop, and sat down to blog and that is when I saw your request for an update. Mya has now waken--3:30. The bulletins have just finished printing and I will now finish folding them. Then, I will go and see my husband for the first time in what feels like a month.

Hope this update finds you well.

Sincerely,
Verna

5 viewers thoughts.:

Emmie said...

Thanks, lol! But I need a picture too! lol, jk!

nikki said...

Hey! I read Emmie's update too, hope you don't mind.
We got your Christmas e-mail, thank you so much. I figured it was pretty crazy around there right now. Enjoy your day at church tomorrow -- it sounds awesome.
Love ya, and miss you lots!!

Steffie B. said...

Verna...
I did not get the Christmas email? When did you send it! Glad to hear you get a few days off! Get some rest!

The Shocks said...

I got your email, thank you. It was good to hear what has been going on with your crew. Have a great Christmas. Don't get too stressed about the wedding.

Beckyb said...

It's that time of year, isn't it??? AND - we totally understand we had Christmas wedding and it made things even more chaotic!!