Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Big Bed

Now that Carrie is married, I have a twin bed available for Mya. I got a burst of energy after supper last night. So I washed up Mya's Dora sheets (from Target) that I gave her for Christmas and moved the mattress up to her room. Didn't want the whole bed yet because if she falls off she could be hurt. For now, it's a mattress on the floor. I was busy emptying Erin's remaining stuff out of the closet and putting away the clothes that Mya has out grown. With the mattress on the floor, something needed to move out. I chose the changing table. After room had been made on the closet shelves, I move her stuff into there. By then, the sheets were out of the dryer and it was bed time. Keith was just bringing Mya up to bed when I asked him to help put the sheets on. Well, that was it. No more crib sleeping for Mya. I told her that if she was going to sleep there, she had to stay in bed because big girls don't get out of bed. We tucked her in and kissed her goodnight. I checked on her later and so did Erin. She was fine until 5:45 when she woke up looking for her China pink (the now ratty pink terry cloth towel we bought at the 7-11 in Guangzhou). We found it and he doggy, Murphy, and rocked for a bit and back to bed she went with a reminder that big girls don't get out of bed. She slept until 7:30. We'll see how naptime goes. That will be a true test. Keith says it may change when the newness wears off. I'll take my chances. I think the crib will come down in a couple days.

6 viewers thoughts.:

nikki said...

What a coincidence, my post today is going to be about our experience putting Lily in her big girl bed last nite. My experience was a bit different than yours, though. Congrats!

Beckyb said...

When we switched Chloe never turned back - she loved her toddler bed and now the BIG BED!!! Sometimes she still wanders out during naps but like you, I just remind her she has to stay in her bed!!

Arlene (Mom) said...

You'll just have to tell her the crib is for Lilly.

Anonymous said...

awww... little Mya is growing up!!! (tear, tear)
~Katie

Steffie B. said...

Wow.....I think we will be doing the same by summer time! What a big girl, Mya! ;)

Emmie said...

AWESOME! She is really growing up fast. Tell us after a couple of days how it continues to go! :)