Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Big Girl Undies

We'll try anything here. Mya decided that she didn't want her diaper on today so she was going around with her tushy hanging out. I don't want bottoms on if she has no primary coverage. I have some Strawberry Shortcake undies from a baby shower. So, today we are trying those. Mya also loves gum. I'm doubling up (no pun intended) with gum as a reward. What are the chances we'll get this potty training going??? I don't have much confidence. Anyone other potty training ideas???

7 viewers thoughts.:

Beckyb said...

Don't ask me for advice - I'm about ready to give up and we've been at this for months!!! UGH!! Wondering if I started too young??

nikki said...

No ideas here, we are just now starting to introduce the idea to Lily. I am in no rush, I figure we'll have it down by the time her 3rd birthday arrives. With my kid I just figure SHE will let ME know when she is ready.

Anonymous said...

Pray? :o)
~Katie

Verna said...

I'm with Katie, prayer is needed. Guess I don't care to fight over this one, either. She was damp in 2 hours even though I asked her if she needed to go. OH WELL! I'd rather she be trained to go than me be trained to take her. Another day.

Emmie said...

We have just been trying not to push it over here. We don't want her to get angry with us and refuse to go on it, the little spicy girl that she is. We'll ask her occassilly if she has to go or she'll tell us and we'll rush her to the potty. U know what I mean! Otherwise, my mom and I said we are going to try a little harder and just really encourage and praise her. That's all Sophia really needs, praise :)

Steffie B. said...

Yep....Em is right. Sophia is all about us being "proud" of her. No rewards or treats needed! WHEW! I think she will be trained once I set my mind to it. I haven't tried too much lately. I've already got one pooping maniac to deal with!

Colette said...

Just remember when someone tells you that you should begin to potty train her that you already are. Don't get discouraged! Maybe you need Erin to tell Mya that 'if she wants to run around the house without her diaper on then she needs to go use the bathroom.' Alex didn't respond to anything that I did, but when Anna told him that, then he went to the bathroom and was using it from then on.
Colette