Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It Had to be Done

As the mother of teens, I have learned to ignore many things--dirty bathrooms, drinking glasses, bowls and candy wrappers strewn in various locations, clothing on the floor, overflowing garbage cans, etc. Every once in a while, even a mom can't stand it any more. Now mind you, I am not an organized person. In our marriage relationship, I am the messy, Keith is the cleany. So, when the level of messiness gets too high for even me to stand, don't get in the way.

Erin worked after school today. I have been asking her for days to clean her room. She is supposed to do it and her laundry on a regular basis. However, regular has a different definition to her than me.


I went down to her room, planning only to pick up the drinking glasses and other items that should be brought to the kitchen and put in the dishwasher. I could see small patches carpeting peeking out from under the clothing. The room was littered with Laffy Taffy wrappers.


That's when it hit. Erin's room HAD to be cleaned.

Erin will be home in half an hour. What will she say when she sees the laundry done and the floors vacuumed??!!?? I can only tell you what I would say if someone went into my room, did the laundry and vacuumed--GOD BLESS YOU and when can you come back??


If I am still energetic tomorrow, I will hit that closet where Erin and Carrie conveniently put all the stuff they don't really use but are unwilling to discard.


Hey, maybe I'm nesting!!!???



P.S. Erin's response--"cool" AND, I have gotten to the carpeting in that closet. Three shouts of Hooray for me. I have wanted to do that for a LONG time.

7 viewers thoughts.:

Steffie B. said...

That sounds like Emmie's bathroom. Make up, hair dryer, combs, brushes, make up brushes, mirrors, clips, head bands, bath towels, shoes, slippers....everything out of the drawers that should be "in" the drawers.....sigh....yes, what is a Mom to do???? lol

Anonymous said...

Wow... way to go Verna! My mom doesn't dare go into my room! Although all my stuff is piled in my papasan chair... equally messy just localized! :o)
~Katie

Beckyb said...

Oh gosh - how will I handle that?!?!? I better learn to let go now!!

Anonymous said...

Just don't make a habbit of going through my stuff :p
Erin

Emmie said...

lol! Sounds like my life. We're teens and are very busy! lol! Is that a good enough excuse? I'm sure my mom has heard them all from me! :)

colette said...

I don't think it is nesting, I think it is penned up energy that we can't take outside to mow the law and such.
I have been wanting to get rid of clutter and all the things that no longer have a use here either.
Have fun with your house scourging.

Colleen said...

I remember those days! Oh so nice not to have to deal with their messes anymore. I have so many of my own!!! :)
I alway got mixed feeling regarding my cleaning their rooms. Mostly, they didn't say much.
Now, Verna, will you come clean my room? :]>