Sunday, January 14, 2007

Temporary Retirement


Mya cried as we took down the crib. She kept saying, my crib, my crib and boo-hooing as we took out the bolts and put it up against the wall. It was pretty much for show. She loves her big bed but I think there was an emotional attachment. I felt it too. My baby is growing up. She's getting big in so many ways that I can't even keep up with them. Maybe that's why I'm feeling the wait for Lily (or boy) is getting harder. I truely think she is to the point where she (and I) can handle having another little one around. So, that's why it is temporary retirement of the crib. I told Mya that Lily (or boy) will be using it. I keep saying "or boy" because I've been feeling more drawn toward the idea of a boy. Erin even had a dream that we got a boy. Guess we'll see. Here are a couple of comparison shots that will help you visualize the changes I'm talking about.

9 viewers thoughts.:

Beckyb said...

Chloe just looked at Mya and said, "Me sleep Boots too!!" I love it!! Great pics!

Carrie said...

cute!!

she stole my bed! just kidding. thats great. is she falling asleep in there like normal too?

Verna said...

Yep, Mya is going to bed just fine and waking up the same as before, yelling for mom. You know that big girls don't get out of bed. Mya thinks that means when you wake up too.

Steffie B. said...

Oh, she looks so grown up. I'm not quite ready to give up Sophia's crib. Her nap time is n 3 + hours everyday. That is a break that I'm not ready to give up yet! lol

Anonymous said...

Nice comparison shot! :o) She looks so cute in the big girl's bed. I forgot to ask her about that yesterday. :o)
Blessings,
Katie

nikki said...

She is doing so well in her big girl bed!!!! congrats, although it IS hard to say goodbye to baby.

Also, it is exciting that you don't know if you are going to get a boy or a girl -- just another added element of suspense/surprise!

Emmie said...

She sure is growing up fast! Mya, you're such a big girl!

Colleen said...

Holy Cow what a change!

The Shocks said...

That is good that she has taken to her big bed. We still have Hannah's crib but with the side taken off. We have a twin bed that my Dad made a few years ago. We have to get the mattress set for it. I hope she takes to it well.