Saturday, February 03, 2007

Napping on a Cold Day

We have had a busy week here--researching the needs of the children on the COP list, work, church responsibilities and Mya's pneumonia (not bothering her too much). I thought I would lose my mind at one point but thankfully, we have finalized our request and sent it to our Social Worker to go to the Grand Rapids office for consideration. Honestly, I don't think we have much of a chance but we do feel drawn to these girls and want to at least be considered even if we don't like the odds. So, now we wait. Last time, we heard by late Monday. We'll see if they are that fast this time. Just gotta pray.

So, I was exhausted this afternoon. With temps below zero this weekend, we had no desire to go outside. We put Mya down for a nap at about 1:00 pm. I laid down too, to catch up on some missed Z's. I was rolling around thinking Mya should wake up soon, not realizing that it was 5:00 pm. WOW! We both must have been wiped. I have never slept that long in the afternoon and I don't remember Mya taking that long of nap either.

5 viewers thoughts.:

Emmie said...

Glad you could finally get caught up on some sleep and have some down time! Hopefully this week will be less stressful, I know how you feel! Hang in there!

Steffie B. said...

Take whatever you can.......lol! Glad you got caught up on some Z's. I'm getting ready to take a nap myself. It is a blizzard here....I hate it! Keep us posted on the COP issue!

Beckyb said...

You must have needed it - take it!!! But what I want to know it - how did she last last night?!?!? :)

nikki said...

Glad you and Mya got some good sleep.
When the weather outside is frightful...why not!?

Yes, keep us posted on the COP situation -- we will be prayin.

The Shocks said...

Below zero temps no offense but please don't send them this way.

We will keep you in our prayers. I know that the waiting on the answer can be long.