Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Children of Promise


A surprise list of special needs children arrived at Bethany Christian Services on Thursday of last week. Most of you know that we have been down this path before. I just received a call from my Social Worker (SW) to find out if we were going to put in an application this time. I have an appointment with the pediatrician this afternoon to find out what she has to say about 3 of the children. One of the pathologists at work was kind enough to talk to me about them also. So, this evening, I will formulate our request letter. This is our third try. We do not hold out much hope to be matched but want to try anyway. The decision will be made on Friday. Will post about it then. May the Lord's will be done.



Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; you'll sweep them right off your doorstep. Ps 127:5

5 viewers thoughts.:

Emmie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emmie said...

Hope everything goes well for you! Just take a look at that great icon you have on your side bar... In Life, Good Things Are Worth Waiting For. Great quote! Although the wait is hard, everything will happen when it's supposed to! :)

nikki said...

That is wonderful news, Verna. I will be praying and waiting to hear.
You are such a blessing! Such a wonderful momma. I just love you so much and look forward to watching your family expand again.(whenever that may be)...

Steffie B. said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know it is difficult, but it God's decision, if it's not now, then in the future. Hugs to you my friend!

Beckyb said...

You know I'm praying with ya!!! My only consolation after maybe being told NO - THREE TIMES (So far) is that God's ways are higher than mine - and it's a good thing!!!!