Saturday, April 28, 2007

End of An Era

3/11/95 to 4/28/07
This morning Keith let Snowy out to do her business and she just didn't return. Apparently he found some throwup spots, which is unusual. When she wasn't back in half an hour, he was suspicious. We found her laying in the woods just in the back of this picture. Her paws were wet. She had been out making her morning rounds and I think, her heart gave out. We buried her about 10 ft from where we found her. It is strange to think of her being gone. She was like a shadow to anyone who went outside.

10 viewers thoughts.:

Steffie B. said...

Oh I am so sorry.....it is so hard when you lose a pet!

nikki said...

Oh Verna, I'm so sorry to hear that!
Is Mya taking it alright?
Hugs to you all!

Emmie said...

Oh Verna, I'm so sorry! It was really hard for me to loose my previous pets as well. Hope Mya, and everyone else, takes it alright! :)

holly said...

Verna,

It's so hard to lose our loved pets. I'm sorry your family is going thru this. Hope little Mya is doing well.

Beckyb said...

Oh Verna - I am sorry - that is just never fun or easy! They become like family, don't they!?!? Hang in there.

Colette said...

Oh, I am so sorry! It has to be hard for the whole family. It brought tears to my eyes for you.

Colleen said...

You have my sympathies! Even though Snowy was "just a dog", she was a family member. I know all will miss her dearly.
Again, Sympathies!

GWEN OATSVALL said...

sorry my sweet friend ... they are such a part of the day and bring so many smiles. i am sure snowy will be missed ...

The Shocks said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how much dogs mean to families.

Marnie said...

I am so sorry Verna!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family thru this tragedy! God bless!