Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Good and the Bad

This week marks 5 years since Carrie had a brain tumor removed. Some of you may not have known that. We are so blessed to have our daughter be a survivor. It was benign but very scary. As you do know, she is now married and will get an associates degree this spring. Yee Haw.

Now the bad. Mom just got news last week that her sister, Lorraine, has Acute Leukemia. It sounds as though there is something in her brain, also. Lorraine is choosing not to have chemo treatments. It is a very difficult time. Please keep them all in your prayers.

Erin is doing pretty well on her Israel donations. At last report she needed less than $1000 to have the full amount. Thanks to all who have supported her. You can check her MySpace link but it's more of a chatty kind of thing than a blog. So, don't expect much in the way of updates. I will have to do that here.

That's the 11:00 news from MN.
Sleep well.

9 viewers thoughts.:

Steffie B. said...

Oh Verna....I will keep your family in our prayers. What a blessing that Carrie is healed and well. God is so good....and I'm glad to hear Erin's doing well on raising her money needed for her trip! ;)

Carrie said...

A moment to celebrate and praise God for, for sure!

Glad to hear that Erin is close to collecting the funds for her missions trip of which I am passionate about.

Jewels of My Heart said...

How wonderful God's miracles are. I pray for comfort and healing for your Aunt and family.

GWEN OATSVALL said...

my dear friend ... we will send up prayers your way !!!! keep us posted and thank the Lord Carrie is doing so well ... i checked out erin's myspace (very impressive) ... i have been out of town a couple of days and now it is time to catch up with you all ...

Olivia said...

I will be praying for your moms sister. That is a tough decision.
and may God continue to bless your daughter! that is great news!

nikki said...

Wow, Verna. I had no idea about Carrie...what a huge miracle she is!
I will keep Lorraine (and your whole family) in my prayers.
I received our tax check today so I will be making a donation to Erin's trip -- yay!

Emmie said...

Oh Verna...I will definitly keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!
**LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog page by the way!

Steffie B. said...

Like this one! ;)

The Shocks said...

I pray for Lorraine's healing.