Thursday, April 05, 2007

Totally Unreal--2 yrs ago


I remember being overwhelmed by the whole trip to China. Beijing was just the most polluted city I had ever seen and never having traveled off the continent, I had SEVERE jet lag. But all in all, it was just a totally unbelievable experience to go to China. I kept thinking "are we really here?" In your head, you always knew that China was on the other side of this huge planet but to be standing there was just beyond my comprehension. I also remember noticing that I was suddenly in the minority--one of only a few caucasian folks. All in all, it was a terrific experience. My own feelings allowed me to understand what Mya must have been feeling when she was suddenly handed over to us--overwhelmed and out of sorts.

4 viewers thoughts.:

nikki said...

I am really enjoying looking back to 2 years ago with all of you!

Yep, it was overwhelming...and so amazing too!

Beckyb said...

I remember it well - remember the smell in our hotel??!?! But you sure wouldn't trade it all and you'd do it again in a heartbeat, right?!!?

Colleen said...

Thanks for sharing. Many of us won't be making such a major trip, thus will have to live it thru someone else. I choose that someone else to be. Thanks again!

The Shocks said...

It is hard to believe that it has been two years already.