Monday, June 18, 2007

Call from Erin

Erin called to check in this morning. It was near supper time in Israel. They had spent part of the day handing out crayons and teddy bears at a hospital--about 15 min or so. Saw Mesada yesterday and swam in the Dead Sea. All is going well.

Keith also spoke to her--he's at work. Here is what he got out of it.

Just texted Erin. She called back instead. Busy doing yard work today. She doesn't like yard work. Especially in a skirt. Hiking is more fun. She will be doing work all week. Otherwise going fine. She is buying some internet time at the hotel, so she should be emailing soon. Pretty lush in Jerusalem. Food is fine, but the same all the time. Can't mix meet and dairy because it isn't kosher. That makes for dull eating according to Erin.

Check out her Itinerary on the Blogfairy blog to see what she will be doing each day.

7 viewers thoughts.:

Steffie B. said...

Well, how cool is that?!?!? ;)

Steffie B. said...

David and Emmie leave for Europe later this afternoon. It's just going to be me and the kiddo's for the next 15 days! THAT'S gonna be a little weird!

Beckyb said...

I'm praying for her everyday - what an opportunity!!! LOVE the new look too!!!

Ashley said...

I agree with BeckyB ... what an opportunity!! I'll keep her in my prayers. God is sovereign. I'll be praying for you too ... I know it can be tough being away from your child.

nikki said...

Glad you got to hear her voice! That must've been great...glad to hear all is well.
(Although I don't much care for yardwork either!)

The Shocks said...

I'mglad to know that she made it safe and sound. It sounds like she is having a nice time so far. I don't think I would like the kosher thing either.

GWEN OATSVALL said...

SO GLAD THINGS ARE GOING WELL .. I HAVE MISSED CHKING IN ON YA ... LOVE THE NEW TEMPLATE...