Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Call from Israel

Erin called yesterday at noon. It is very hot there. She was at Bethelehem on Saturday but, because it was the Sabbath, most things were closed down. As you can tell from her Itinerary (HERE) she was at the sea of Galilee on Sunday. It was very hot -- 116 F. The took a swim and felt much better. She is getting a terrific tan. Keith is dark German heritage and she inherited the "I tan in an instant" gene. If I heard her correctly, someone asked if she was Palestinian. Mr Ferret did joke that he would marry her off while they were there and we would have to send a goat for her dowry or something like that. Anyway, she is having a good time and learning tons. I can't wait to see her pictures. Gwen has asked that she bring them to Nashville next week. I'll see if she can load them on a disc and we can just set up a slide show. Wish I had some pictures today but Erin didn't want to mess with the internet while she was there.

4 viewers thoughts.:

Steffie B. said...

Glad she is doing well. It will be fun to see pics.

Beckyb said...

Have been thinking of her more lately - praying too!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

nikki said...

I very much look forward to seeing her and hearing all about her trip -- but I'm afraid to stand next to her (I DON'T have that "tan easily" gene)!!!!

GWEN OATSVALL said...

see ... bring a disc .... we have a hug TV that we could all watch on ... so excited things are going well and can't wait to see her fabulous tan!