Friday, July 20, 2007

Last Summer

This is a shot from last summer when Ketih, Carrie and I were fingerprinted for Lily's dossier. It seems like a long time in so many ways but in other ways, just like yesterday. Some good has come out of the wait. Mya has matured so much that I think she is more ready for her sister. She has also started to understand that she will not be going with us to China to pick up Lily. I was very concerned when she insisted that she was going along because I thought she would not do well while we were gone. Now we talk about who will stay with her. She is talking about how Lily can share things. I know it will be quite an adjustment but I also know this time has brought growth. Have a great weekend!!

6 viewers thoughts.:

Beckyb said...

Yep, and now we're think of re-fingerprinting - how fun is that?!?!!? UGH!!!

Steffie B. said...

You have a great weekend too, Jamie......you remind me of Jamie Lee Curtis. The voice too, I think. I couldn't place it at Gwens' house and then all of a sudden it occured to me.

gwen oatsvall said...

i think the more we talk about their new sisters the more it helps them to adjust and prepare for the change ... emily tells everyone that she is not going to china, but her sister is going to sleep with her when she gets home ...

The Shocks said...

hannah talks about sharing with Ethan. She also talks about sleeping with him and making sure he is not scared. She has even started to tell us that if Daddy is holding Ethan then Mommy will hold Hannah. We'll see how well that works out.

nikki said...

That is a wonderful way to view the wait -- I think it is so true too...Mya is going to be a wonderful big sister to Lily.

Carrie said...

I sometimes think that Oilvia's behavoir would improve in a lot of ways if she had another sibling. I can also see a whole new set of issues with sharing too!

Glad to hear that you have seen so much growth in Mya. It is a relief for everyone and I think that she will make a GREAT big sister!