Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fair & Quilt

We're home after 2 days with my parents. On Thursday we went to the Renville County fair. When I was young, the fair was THE event of the summer. Well, county fairs are not what they used to be but we did have fun looking at the exhibits. My nephew, Matt, won a trip to the MN State Fair--WAY TO GO!! He did a project on Global Connections or something like that. It was about his trip to Costa Rica. We ate at the Pork producers stand. My oldest brother, who lives on the farm where I grew up, raises pigs. They are mighty tasty!! Jenny (neice), Mya and I went for a ride on the Ferris wheel. It was so quiet and boring on the ride that we decided we needed to scream. We were laughing our fool heads off and people were pointing. Guess you had to be there to understand. Mya had a FREE pony ride. When was the last time you heard of anything free? I was and still am amazed that it was free. Anyway, that was the big event of Thursday.

Friday was our quilting day. We decided to do a different block than I had originally thought. We are leaving the tan with orange flowers out and just using the blue, red speckled and the fans. I think it will look terrific and I even did some sewing. Mom's got all the right tools and I learned about sizing blocks and all kinds of tricks. We spent almost 8 hours sewing and I was exhausted. Here, GM and Jenn are getting the peices just the right size.

Left for home just before 5 pm. Uff daa!! Mya and Jenn slept most of the way and Mya screamed for about 30 minutes before we reached Jenn's house. She wanted out of the car seat in the worst way. Long car rides stink in that way. The good news, Charlie (my brother) and Donna gave Mya a new car to play with. It's one of those coupes. I'll get some pics and post them.

7 viewers thoughts.:

Marnie said...

That quilt be beautiful!! And I cannot believe that the pony ride was free either!! Nothing is free in this world.

I tried to click on the cake pic from the wedding, but it would not make it bigger, oh well. Email it to me if possible.

Miss ya!

Lauren said...

Glad to hear you had a good time with your parents! You'll have to post some pics of the finished quilt!

Mr.Brian said...

Sounds like a good time was hasd by all.

nikki said...

Sounds like good family fun!
Mya looked ADORABLE on her horsey...and it was free! Yay!

The quilt looks good.

Yep, long car rides are always a gamble...we always hold our breaths and hope for the best.

Beckyb said...

Way to go - how fun!!! Glad you had such a good time!!! End of summer, hurrah!!!

holly m. said...

The quilt pattern looks wonderful!! My mom-in-law is making Anna a one hundred wishes quilt with butterflies on it if I ever get my quilt pieces gathered!!

Kim said...

That pattern is much easier on the eyes :) Can't wait to see the finished product.