Friday, August 03, 2007

Overcoming the Wait--Again


This week has been hard for me in some ways. Knowing that some folks are getting their referrals is a happy thing but knowing that it could be over a year until we get ours is a bummer. I try not to dwell on it and enjoy each day to the fullest but somedays I feel like this kid on the steps.
~
Today Mya conquered Dora's Big City Adventure. She was so proud to be able to match the ducks to their mommies. It took her quite a while to do that part. The balloons, the bridge and finding the item that Swiper stole, were a bit easier. We gave high fives for accomplishing each one. She only did the easy level but it was hard enough for her.
~
We have gotten some rain this week--Wed night, after the bridge collapse. The rain was welcome but I am sure it hindered the rescues.
~
Working with some folks on a computer upgrade at the lab. So far it's just listening to webcasts. Hope I can get my hands on some real stuff next week. Just gotta get the clearance. Came in to it late. So, I'm delayed in that way.
~
Nothing new in the potty training. We only have the BMs to conquer. I'm not using the chart. Just can't get it together.Keith is busy in the evenings. I'm sure that if he watched her like a hawk, he could catch her before the BM happens but as I said, he is busy. She only has one BM a day, sometimes every other day. You can see my problem. I will have to hit it hard when I get a couple days in a row off. Hmmmmm wonder when that will happen???
~
Have a great weekend!

7 viewers thoughts.:

nikki said...

This Dora game...do you play it online or what?

holly m. said...

I've been thinking of you as you wait for your new little child. The wait is hard, I know. :(

Steffie B. said...

Hope you have a great weekend too! ;)

Beckyb said...

The wait is LONG and HARD!! I hear you - wondering at this point if it will EVER be our turn!! I have to have faith ~ be encouraged, we're in this together!

redmaryjanes said...

Hi there Verna,
I feel the same way you do about the wait. It's nice to know that I'm not alone.
I'm also having the same issue with Eli and the potty, he'll pee in it, but all BM's have been in his pants. I don't understand it. We just keep trying.

GWEN OATSVALL said...

keeping you in my prayers daily ...we have a dora board game with matching pieces that emily sorta likes, but she won't stay still for long .... go figure that one ...

Emmie said...

we finally got some rain here too. out power went out at about 4 in the morning and didn't come back on until 11:00 this morning.
the dora game sounds fun..we may have to check that out for SOphia's birthday...

keeping u in my prayers daily for the next adoption..hang in there!