Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hello To Methodist Friends

Today, I attended the annual ASCP conference on the west bank of the UofMN campus. I had to cross the 10th St. bridge which runs parallel to the former 35W bridge that collapsed. It was the first time I had seen it and it is quite a site. Now, it is real to me. Simply amazing.


While at these conferences, I invitably run in to former coworkers. This time it was a gang from Methodist Hospital. After the conference, I gave one of the gals this blog address and so I must say "Hi" to all who take a peek at it.

When I arrived home, the COP list was in my email box and 4 messages are on the phone. I opted out of church tonight with some lame excuse and stayed home to veg about the house. Mostly cuz I was sulking about the new rules which don't allow us to apply for any of the children until families through the review room have applied. It's a bummer but I'll just wait to see which children do not get matched and then we will be allowed to apply.


Hope you all are having a great week.

6 viewers thoughts.:

GWEN OATSVALL said...

i can't imagine what seeing the bridge in person must have felt like ... those disasters that you see on the movies and such seem so unreal, yet they happen .... you know i am praying during this time of the COP list ... luv ya ...

redmaryjanes said...

Can someone forward me the list? I can't apply either, but I'd love to see it. I've never seen one.

The Shocks said...

I am keeping you all in my prayers with the new list. I was upset about the new rules. I think I understand why they are doing it but it still stinks.

nikki said...

Howdy to you too, friend.

You know you're in my thoughts!

Steffie B. said...

You know I have been thinking about you! We'll make it through this craziness somehow!

Marnie said...

I am sooo sorry Verns. I know you had been waiting for this. But the Lord works in mystious ways! Hang in there. Love and smoochies!