Thursday, September 27, 2007

Introducing Noah James

Taking the Call . . Serious stuff!!



We put in our request (via Carrie's computer) on Monday afternoon and got the call today at 2:35 pm. We were in Iowa, headed home from our trip out to see Carrie and Jon. When I hung up, we crossed in to Minnesota. I quickly called Erin, Carrie and Joe to let them know they have a brother. I called a couple of China travel mates--they are on the same journey -- to share the news. I have now told my parents and emailed my family. So, I feel free to post his picture.
The signs were all there. I had a really good feeling about the newest COP list, even with the rule changes. Then when we saw the list, there were 2 boys we considered. We were off to CO on Sat and couldn't get any more info from our Social Worker (SW) until Monday. So, we enjoyed time with family and friends (the Bilbys & Mr Brian--yes I do have a great photo) on the way to CO. At mom and dad's house we saw a true red ladybug (not just those pesky orange asian beatles that stink when you squish them) -somehow ladybugs have come to symbolize Chinese adoption and luck. Also, I asked Becky about the 2 boys and she shared that she would not be concerned about a child with missing fingers at all since they know a family with a couple children with missing fingers and all is well there. When we got to CO on Monday, we stopped at Carrie's apartment and she let us get our emails, which included further info from our SW. We decided to pursue only this little guy. Then we waited--well, we spent all of Tuesday checking our Pike's Peak and lots of beautiful scenery in CO with Carrie. We spent Wed at Estes Park, CO and went to the Alpine visitor's center in the Rocky Mountains--breathtaking (in a couple of ways!!). Then we started our trek toward home. Mya was sleeping. So we went until she awoke, using videos and snacks to keep her content for the rest of the trip.


It started to rain as we got closer to home and to my amazement, there was a DOUBLE rainbow to our right side. What better confrimation could we ask for on the day that we were matched with a son whom we plan to call Noah?

18 viewers thoughts.:

Steffie B. said...

I am so happy for you! He is just darling!

Steffie B. said...

double rainbow for double happiness! ;)

redmaryjanes said...

Verna,
I am crying here at home. He is just beautiful. What a precious little boy. I love the name Noah. Hmm...big boy shower???

Beckyb said...

Whew - good thing you posted or I might just have been SO close to spilling the beans!!! I am just SO THRILLED for you !!! And what a cutie!!!

gwen oatsvall said...

he is adorable ... i have already called all my friends this afternoon to share the good news ... i am just so thrilled for your family and for Noah to travel home quickly to his family ... love you all !!!!

chloesmama said...

Wow--that rainbow says it all. It's meant to be! Congratulations!!!!!

holly m. said...

WAAAAHOOO!!!! Warm Congratulations, Verna and family!!! I'm just so happy for you and somehow I felt that you would be given the gift of another son!! :) WOO HOOO!!! :) :)

By the way, Noah is ADORABLE and fits your family to a tee!!!

Beautiful rainbow, Beautiful son! :)

Linette said...

Congratulations Verna! He is a sweetie. And a double rainbow- WOW is all I can say. :) Awesome!

amy said...

the rainbow gave me chills! HOw wonderful..that is one precious child..check thosse cheeks out!

Mr.Brian said...

That is great news.Look forward to hearing more details.
Hmmm what pictire could you have???LOLOLOLOLOL
Be fun to see it.
Have a great weekend I am off to work.

shelley said...

He is wonderfully beautiful. What a precious gift. Can't wait to hear more details.

Tracy said...

Congratulations Verna!!! He is adorable!!

Nancy said...

Noah is beautiful. Congratulation!

Todd & Nichole said...

OMG! What a sweet little boy! I am sooo happy for you Verna. Looks like all the signs were there for you - rainbow, ladybug, can't get much more clear than that. Congrats
Niki

Gail and Dan said...

Congratulations Verna and family!
A boy!!!! What a handsome little guy, I'm so happy for you! Gail

mommy24treasures said...

Congratulations!
Love
Connie

Jewels of My Heart said...

He is darling! Congratulations! How awesome that the Lord has brought you together and gave you an extra gift of the double rainbows for your little Noah! Yep, I would say that is confirmation that he is your son.
God's Speed

hausfrau said...

I vote "Yes" on a big boy shower...

We are leaving in 5 days to meet our little BOY referral, so you can follow our journey if you want! He is in Nanchang and he is 21 months old. His site is http://shuey6.info

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see him in your arms.