Friday, October 26, 2007

Loss of Another Pet

With a heavy heart, I am telling you that we lost Fat Herman last night. When Keith came home from work, the cat was laying in the living room and could barely move. He could still lift his head but he seemed paralyzed elsewhere. Keith felt he was too extreme of a case to take to the vet. So, we opted to let him pass quietly. By the time I got home, he was gone.
This is the cat that weighed nearly 20 pounds and had difficulty grooming himself. He had been hocking up fur balls for a few days but that was not uncommon for him--his hair was extremely thick. Don't have a clue what actually took him. All of his annoying habits will be missed as will the white hair that built up on chairs and on the carpet. We complain about them but we really don't want to lose them. Isn't that strange.

12 viewers thoughts.:

holly m. said...

Sorry to hear of losing Fat Herman.
He was such a handsome boy. :(

Leigh Ann said...

Sorry for your loss. I totally know what you mean...our puppy Shirley is a pain and not nearly as well behaved as her brother, Norman. However, with the evacuation due to the fires here, she got stressed induced colitis...it was not pretty and we were so worried...but, she is fine now and up to her old annoying habits. Can't wait for Noah's shower:)

The Shocks said...

Sorry to hear about Herman. He looked like he could be a great cuddler.

shelley said...

So sorry about Fat Herman...we lost our chow (chelsea) in aug. and I sometimes miss the fur that she would shed in the winter.

Michelle said...

Verna, So sorry about your Herman! We are still trying to get over the loss of our Golden Retriever last week. I know just what you mean about missing the things that annoyed us. Like when the doorbell rings now...there is silence. The barking at the doorbell used to get on my nerves, but oh how I miss it! Anyway, sorry for your loss!

nikki said...

Oh, I'm sorry for your loss, Verna!

It IS weird how all the things that drive us crazy are the things we end up missin' the most.
Hugs.

Steffie B. said...

I'm so sorry......I've lost one of my cats, had to let James take our dog....and we are down to one cat. I just love him to pieces!

GWEN OATSVALL said...

sorry sweet friend for your loss ...i am sure it is hard on everyone ..

Anonymous said...

Fat Herman died?!?! No way! Sorry for your loss!!!
~Katie

Firebyrd said...

Verna,

I'm so sorry to hear you lost him. I know it sounded bad at work, but I was hoping you had better news when you got home. He looks like he was a beautiful pet!

Carol

Kim & Jeff said...

I'm so sorry for your loss... Just know that he is a little angel watching over all of you.

Alyson & Ford said...

So sorry about your cat, Herman. He looks like he could keep your feet warm in bed at night! Beautiful cat.
We just lost our 19 year old cat CB. Yep, we miss our furry babies.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06