Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Poll

One of my big questions is what size of clothes to get Noah. As you already know, I have gotten some 2T items but I'm not sure if that was such a good idea since he weighed 26 lbs in late June. Please take a moment and register in on my poll at the top of the page. It will run until 10/16 so you have a bit to respond. Thanks for your input.

8 viewers thoughts.:

GWEN OATSVALL said...

definitely 3T .. i voted ... i think boys look much cuter is something is a little big than small... and there is nothing cuter than the role on boys pants .. most places make the pants with the adjustable strap on the inside now ... so fabulous ... elijah is wearing all of Jeremiah's clothes but his waist is small, so i just tighten the strap on the inside....have fun shopping ...

Chrissie said...

I always go with the bigger size. I figure that they can always wear the clothes big (roll up the sleeves and pant cuffs) but if it is too small they are either uncomfortable or look doofy.

According to Gymboree a size 2T is 30-32 lbs and 3T is 32-35 lbs. So if you were going by weight alone he should fit into a 2T. I find that most boys wear a smaller size on the bottom and a bigger size on the top. So you may bring a couple of size 2T pants along just in case, but the 3T shirts should be fine. And then he will get more wear out of them.

What will the weather be like in China when you travel?

Do you have any idea what he was wearing when they weighed him? I have seen how they bundle up those kids, they do the same in Malawi. The weight in Malawi is with the 3 layers of clothes and GIANT cloth diaper.

www.heart4malawi.blogspot.com

holly m. said...

I voted 3T, I like clothes to be a little looser than too small. Roll em up!

Anonymous said...

Well according to the letter you gave me, it says he eats 7 times a day. 100 ml each bottle feeding. so he's only going to get bigger, hehe.

I wonder if you can get size info from them, like height and such. Wait think it said something about his height in such in the letter. 3T might be a good idea, he can always grow into them. Then again I'm not too good one eye balling size.

My dad should be done with the translation by Sunday, I'll make sure of it. hehe. I'll bring it then.

~Katie

redmaryjanes said...

I would get the 3T Verna. There isn't a big difference. Also, look for pants with expandable waists. They are very popular and easy to find. Inside the waistline there are buttons and elastic that goes through the waistband. I always buy those for Eli so I can adjut the waist to fit him as he grows. He is stalky but has short legs, so his pants get rolled up and they look really cute. He is just so cute.

Laura Nipper said...

Well Verna this would be my advice. Morgan is two years and weighs 24 pounds. I have been buying her 3T taps, jackets & Sweeters & 2T in shorts & pants. I tend to buy clothes a size above their age. That way they can wear them this year and next year. Big is alway better then to small. I like the idea of buying pants with the expandable waist and rolling them.

Kimi said...

Hi, I just found your site and my husband and I just adopted a precious little boy that will be 2 on the 27th of Oct. He weighs 27 lbs and I wouldn't get 3T. Max is not even close to wearing a 3, he wears 18 mos. pants and shorts and 24 mos and 2T tops. We are buying 24 mos and 2T for the winter. Max is a "strong" boy (thats what they all called him in China, meaning fuller and bigger than most Chinese boys his age.) The 2T pants that we got for winter we will have to roll up at the bottom. I would say a 2 over a 3 ubless he is real tall for his age. I hope this helps a little. :-)

Kimi said...

Okay....I may have to take that back...maybe a 3 T is what you need...I think he looks bigger than Max in the pictures that you have on the top of your page. Here is my blog you can check and see if you think he is larger than Max or not....www.ourbighappylife.blogspot.com

BTW....Noah is ADORABLE!!!