Monday, October 01, 2007

Status on Noah

Hello to all who have been asking for details on Noah. Hope this helps you get a better picture.

We went to our SW office on Friday to get all the important papers and instructions on how to proceed. Unlike a NSN child, we must send a Letter of Intent (LOI) to Grand Rapids and they will forward it on to China. China will pull our file and determine if they are AOK with us being Noah's parents and then send a Letter of Acceptance (LOA). When we receive the LOA, travel plans can be made and it will be 8-10weeks.

Tomorrow morning, I am taking Noah's files to the pediatrician so that she can evaluate it and make treatment recommendations which we will include in our LOI. Our SW said that we can request more medical info. We would like to see and x-ray and photograph of Noah's hand.

Stats:
EDOB July 1, 2005 Found Aug 2005 at a Catholic Church
Hubei Province
Wuhan City Child Welfare Institution--Foster Care
33 in tall and about 26 lbs
20 teeth
poops & peeps normally -- I just had to put that in there
Favorite Activity-playing outside
Favorite Toy-toy car
Excellent appetite- Fav. Food-Meat -- He has big appetite and is receptive to all food.
He is clever. He likes to watch TV. He has chubby cheeks. He is lovely.

We plan to send a care package in the next couple weeks and will include a pictures, camera, a blanket and toy car (what other toy would you send!).
I have joined every possible Yahoo Group that is applicable and will be asking LOTS of questions. I have also ordered the workbook "With Eyes Wide Open" from adoption.com for Keith and me to do -- recommended by our SW.

We have now joined those who are impatiently waiting for LOA and TA.

Hope that covers everyone's questions.

9 viewers thoughts.:

The Shocks said...

He is adorable!!! Congratulations. We sent Ethan a stuffed dog. I so hope they let him bring it home with him.

GWEN OATSVALL said...

that is the best header ever ... those cheeks are just unbelievable! i can't wait to follow this journey with you !!!! pkg. was sent for Noah today ... hope you get it soon !!

holly m. said...

Noah is precious!!! I love your header. :) Sounds like you are on the move to get your boy home ASAP!! So happy to hear that Noah peeps well! :)


New ?, Verna!
How is the LOA different (or the same) as the letter we all have to write for our dossier? I've always wondered, even tried google to see if I could find an answer.

Mr.Brian said...

He is so darn cute.Looks like a pretty happy good natured little fellow.
It will be so much fun following the stories as you go to get him.

Steffie B. said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! lol I am just over the moon so filled with joy in my heart for you! ;) Praise God that Noah will be in you family. I can see Noah and Mya together already. Fighting over toys, snacks, DVD's....kinda like my life! lol

Leah said...

I am a frequent lurker here, and I have to congratulate you on your referral! He is adorable. And yes, now you join the rest of us in the wait for LOAs. No rhyme or reason or order or systematic proces to this one. Only the fact that our God is the one with the controls!

nikki said...

Ah yes, he certainly IS lovely...thanks for the extra info - i was wondering!
Yay! This is such a great week for my friends...good, good news!

shelley said...

I am so excited for you. He is absolutley perfect!!! I guarentee you will love With Eyes Wide Open...our agency requires that we finish that course and put the certificate in our dossier....it was wonderful and helped me understand so much more, I wish I would have had this for the first rodeo...

redmaryjanes said...

He's just so cute Verna. When I look at him, I think of Eli since they are close in age and all of the love and joy he gives to me. You are just going to be so blessed. AND THOSE CHEEKS!! I just wanna kiss them!