Monday, October 15, 2007

Steffie B wants to know if it is sinking in?


I have done much talking about the fact that we were matched with a 2 year old boy. Since I am an audio learner, it is starting to get into my brain. I think the most significant sign is the nervous feeling in my stomach. It's that feeling that there is so much to do and so little time and you just don't even know what to do first. Carrie has suggested making a list.

Mya and I have had a short conversation about boys having different parts than girls. Other than that, I don't think she really cares that she has a brother rather than a sister.

I've got the care package nearly ready. That will be a great relief to me.

I am remembering that I will not be getting much sleep and that I will feel totally frustrated and exhausted for, well, I don't know how long, once he arrives home. I am preparing mentally as best as I think I can. I want to be ready for a worst case scenario and hope for the best.

Since our oldest son had difficulties in HS, I am trying not to project in to the future. Joe was also a joy at many times and is still a very funny, fun-loving guy.

I'm getting some great info from the Wuhan kids Yahoo group, saying that the fostered kids come home well prepared. That is such a blessing to know. I was concerned that he would be totally afraid of us and take a long time to adjust but these parents are saying the children have been very well prepared. THANK GOD!!
Has it soaked in??? Probably not. Am I happy with our match -- YOU BET YOU!

As in hide-or-seek, eventually, I will get to say "ready or not, here we come".

6 viewers thoughts.:

The Shocks said...

Verna, have you read the Wuhan Diary yet? It was written by a single mother who adopted her daughter from Wuhan. After the little girl got a little older they went to live in Wuhan for 1 year. It is a good book. If you haven't read it I suggest you try get it. It was at our local library.

Linette said...

I can't wait until you're able to say "ready or not-here we come!"
Will be here before you know it. :)

redmaryjanes said...

Well, I am the current Mom of a 2 year old little boy and you're going to love every minute of it. His favorite toys right now are rescue heroes. They are non-violent and help people. There are firemen, policemen, paramedics and they have cool cars and trucks that make noise. He also loves cardboard books with flaps in them, he still rips paper books. He also loves Disney movies.
Hope this helps!

gwen oatsvall said...

sounds like you are heading in the right direction ... i think the photos are just perfect ... i would be prepared for your package to be shared with all the children .. i would guess that they don't take a package that comes in and give it entirely to the child... i do hope they show the pictures ... i am so excited for you !!!!

Steffie B. said...

I just can't wait until you do a post about Mya and Noah taking a bath and Noah stands up....starts to pee....Mya's eyes get as wide a saucer's and she starts screaming..."Yuuuuuuuck".....oh yeah...BTDT! ;) It was priceless!

I can't even imagine what you must be feeling....well I can sort of.....at least you are in the middle of your second journey!

nikki said...

Great answer, V!
You are becoming a pro at this thing called motherhood! (for girls AND boys)...

Gettin' really excited for you!