Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Caramel Corn -- Worth Re-Posting


Amy at Amy's Random Thoughts is asking us to post Recipes

We love this one and have given it as a gift many times!

Grandma Arlene's Carmel Corn (originally found in the Mpls newspaper)

2 c brown sugar
1c butter
1/2 c light corn syrup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp Vanilla
7 1/2 quarts popped corn--divided into 2 aluminum roasting pans

Boil butter, sugar, syrup and salt in a saucepan for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add baking soda and vanilla - mix thoroughly (caution-rapid expansion of mixture). Pour over popped corn, mixing immediately--2 man job. Place coated corn (which is in aluminum roasters) into 200 degree oven for 1 hour--stirring at 15 minute intervals. Cool on large clean surface.
~
Makes a great gift --loved by one and all!!

6 viewers thoughts.:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Yummy...
Sounds great...
Kim

amy said...

this does look yummy

Mr.Brian said...

Ok I will do the same sometime soon.
I think you are a mind reader.I was going to ask you to add music to my Christmas blog and hear you already did it.You are good.
Thanks my dear friend.

nikki said...

MMMMMMM, caramel corn! I love it...however, I am not a good cook, could you just send me some???
hehe

Steffie B. said...

Um yeah....I don't need any extra encouragement to stuff my face! lol Sounds soooo delish! I'm drooling!

Stop by...you've been mentioned! ;)

Mr.Brian said...

BTW, I think your count down to Christmas counter is off too.Yours says 25 days mine says 26.I thought we are in the same time zone and on the same day.
Hmmm maybe Mr.Brian needs to olay with your blog.LOLOLOL Like I would know what to do.
Watch your mailbox for a suprise!!!!!