Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fire Drill

Last night Erin was making lemon poppy seed muffins for her boyfriend's birthday. Yum. Our kitchen has a vaulted ceiling and in the highest area, there is a smoke/heat detector. In most cases, this is a good thing to have but let's just say, it's a crummy location. As is common, when the oven was very hot, there was enough heat going up to the vault that it set of the alarm--very annoying. Mya and I were down here in the family room - me at the computer, Mya watching TV. When the alarm went off, Mya instinctively grabbed something, this time a sweatshirt, and waved it at the smoke alarm! As if that wasn't enough, it went off again and she was holding a pillow--yep she waved the pillow at the alarm! Guess we have done that just a few times cuz she knows the drill! I hope we never have a real fire!

4 viewers thoughts.:

Mr.Brian said...

I hate to say this,but that is why I unhooked mine.Often when I would cook it would go off. I know shame on Mr.Brian.
Maybe I will get it hooked up again soon.

Steffie B. said...

That's funny...even though it's not!

Anonymous said...

That is pretty funny, you should teach her stop, drop, and roll! Or she just might fan the fire into a bigger fire... that wouldn't be good
~Katie
That girl and fire, didn't she pull the alarm at church too?

Marnie said...

I did that when SJ and I were in New York on our trip. Thank goodness she woke up enough to ask me what in the heck was I doing. It is very funny but it can be very scary if it is a real fire. Have to love the memories, no matter how they are made.