Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Name and Man It's Cold

Last night I finally decided on a new blog name, with Erin's approval. For a long time I have been saying the big kids and the little kids. It seemed appropriate to title the blog as such. We won't be growing our core family any more, for many reasons. I do expect to have sons and daughters in law some day. Growth is inevitable, thankfully so. I hope you will continue to visit to see what life sends our way.

Here in the Midwest, we are in the deep freeze again. You always know it's cold when the weather person gets that hot cup of water, tosses it in the air and it makes snow. Just too cold for me. I was thrilled to have +30s on Sunday and Monday and in my naive state, thought it would stay that way. Not so. It was -15 this morning with wind chill warnings. http://www.kare11.com/weather/ Our local school district is 2 hours late--they don't want the kids standing in the cold waiting for the buses. Erin is always bummed when that happens -- she does not attend our local district. So, she had to go as usual. We will be inside all day today, fireplace running.

13 viewers thoughts.:

~Amy~ said...

Same weather here sister! We got lots of ice last night so we are on a delay also...good thing I have morning classes though! Wahoo! ;) I love the new name and look. Stay warm!

Steffie B. said...

Like the new name....you are so funny!

Mr.Brian said...

Like the new look and name.Good idea!!!!
It is cold here too.Monday it was near 40 and yesterday we had windchills of -35-40 degrees.
I think I may be about ready for spring.
Got your email, and I will be praying that homes are found for these little boys.

Michelle said...

Oh, I don't like this cold weather, either! I like your new blog design and new name. How exciting that you are so close to meeting Noah!!

Marnie said...

The new name and look is definately different. But it sure is nice. I hate this weather too, I wish I was back in Mexico.

Gail and Dan said...

Love the new name Verna. It is really cold here too, school was cancelled today and that rarely happens.

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

Like the new name and new look...
18 days...
Getting closer to Noah..
YEAH..

Linette said...

I love the new blog name..it's perfect! It's cold here too. And we're supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow. Ugh-spring can't get here soon enough!

Beckyb said...

Cute Verna - very cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I am EXCITED to see him!!!
~Katie

nikki said...

I think your new blog name is very cool (and appropriate)...really like the new look, too - very original!

It is stinkin' cold here too. I'm ready for spring!

shelley said...

I love the new look and new name. Very clever. I can't wait to post pictures of my boy!!! I feel how your heart hurts for the precious boys left behind. I am going to try and advocate for our boys too. Please check within the next few days and see our precious one.

shelley said...

Yes, a special needs 2 yr old from China. He has a left forearm missing from amniotic banding. I will post his picture when I feel a little more sure that the LOA is on its way. He is beautiful.