Saturday, January 12, 2008

Waiting Families/Waiting Children


Ever since we were matched with Noah and even more as we approach the day to travel to pick up our smiling ball of energy, I am saddened by two things -- Waiting families and Waiting Children. China adoption has become a crazy thing. When we began the adoption process for Mya, the wait from Log In to Referral was estimated at 6-7 months and that's exactly what it was.


During that time, a couple lists with waiting children came out and we did not take them very seriously, mainly because the wait was short. I wonder now, how many of those children went unmatched because of the short wait times. These days, I see the wait times not just increasing but skyrocketing and yet many waiting children still wait, especially the boys.


I know there are many families who have reasons for wanting a daughter and I am not here to debate that. I just have a burden lately to help the waiting children find Forever Families and I really don't know what I can do except encourage my friends to consider these children.


I posted on my "Chinaboys2 - Chinaboys -The Wonderful Boys from China" Yahoo group, stating that our agency has 7 waiting boys. Sadly, there have been two replies saying that their agencies also have waiting boys.


My conclusion: If you are waiting family, please consider a waiting child. Both will benefit.


Here is a link to Bethany Christian Services. They do not post their special needs children on the web but will be happy to answer any questions you may have if you contact a local office.

2 viewers thoughts.:

OH MY #6 said...

Thank you for this post Verna. I will look into this. My agency has apparently applied for a SN license. Funny i just learned that they had last night.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Lea

redmaryjanes said...

Verna,
I just am so glad to know you. I love your soul. You are such an incredible woman.
Have a great Sunday.