Friday, February 22, 2008

Guangzhou Arrival

First airplane ride--Wuhan to Guangzhou.

Ready to step in to daddy's shoes?

***************************************************************************
Today was another long day with a visit to the registration office, the notary, the turquoise place and then a 1.5 hour flight to Guangzhou. Everything has gone well today. No major fusses. However, we have not gotten Noah to bed yet. That seems to be the most difficult part of the day. Every night when it is time for bed, he wails--lots of noise but not many tears. I just think it is so funny. I'm going to try to get a video just so that we will remember. Another master of the bedtime delay tactics.

Today, Noah planted a big we kiss on my cheek, out of the blue. Caught me totally off gaurd and made me laugh. He and Maddie chased each other around the registration office table. That was fun to see.

We ate at Lucy's tonight. For some reason I really started to miss Jay and Nikki. I miss the rest of our fist travel group too cuz this is the place we really formed a strong bond. I hope you are all feeling just a little bit like you are here with us cuz it kind of feels like you are.

Noah is such a little comedian/stinker. He put on his daddy's shoes tonight. So, of course, I had to take a picture. He pushed the stroller around the room and can't wait to get out to use it.

Tomorrow is the medical checkup. Then we have a meeting sometime to double check all the paperwork. Will have to study the schedule better. We feel like we really missed some stuff since we were not with the majority of folks and Shiyan was with them.

Ok, it's 10 pm here and Noah is still not asleep. Guess we should shut off the lights and encourage sleep. Good night!

15 viewers thoughts.:

The Johnson Family said...

I love the picture of him in his daddy's shoes..too sweet! Thank you for all the updates I love hearing how your journey is going!!

LaLa said...

Yummmm...Lucy's..I miss GZ and wish I was there shopping with you. YAY on the kiss...too sweet!

Our Family Adventure said...

He kissed you! what a sweetheart. I miss China and hope to go again in a few years. When we were there for Evan, we were alone much of the time, and didn't meet Shiyan until the last couple days. But the weather was perfect and we did alot of our own "things".

Little boys are so much fun...you'll probably want another on real soon! Hehe! Terry

holly m. said...

A smooch on Momma's cheek!! Now that's a BIG DEAL!! He must think you're purty special! :)

I think Noah sorta looks like his Daddy!

redmaryjanes said...

Your first kiss from the boy...priceless. I am so glad that everything is going so well. What a darling boy.

Robin said...

A kiss out of the blue from such a handsome guy??? WOW!!!! What a treat for mom! I see both Noah and dad are smiling now. Enjoy the last leg of your journey!

Beckyb said...

I would LOVE to be there with you again - what great memories we have!!! And Guanghzou - have fun girl!!!

Steffie B. said...

I wish we were there too, but I know it's all in God's timing....and this was your time! ;) Have fun shopping....you must get matching outfits for the kids. ;)

Sending hugs....
S*

nikki said...

Oh V! We miss you too and are wishing we were there with you again! I read your posts and think how crazy it all is...you ate at LUCY'S!?

Noah is a doll - I love his smirk...definitely that of a comedian.
Keep the updates and pics coming. I'm livin' for them right now.
XO

Denise C said...

Such sweet pictures! I love Noah in his daddy's shoes as well!!! He's such a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your updates every day (and making Duane come to the computer and look at the pictures) and am really enjoying following your journey. Thank you for sharing it with everyone - especially those of us who haven't experienced it ourselves.

Steph Danielson

OH MY #6 said...

He looks like he is a good little guy! What a trooper.

Lea

Margaret Miracle said...

I am so enjoying reading about your trip as we wait for our own. He is sooooo cute!

Russ & Lisa W. said...

Hi, We are friends of Paul William, Noah's foster Brother who is now in Alabama. We hope you get to make it to Alabama one year to visit. I am sure Paul William would Love that! Congratulations on your addition to your lovely family.

Lisa & Russ

GWEN OATSVALL said...

missing you too ... that kiss on the cheek is such a little blessing ... you look and sound if things are going so well and the sleep may take some time, but it will work out ...give him big kisses and hugs from his other china family !!!