Monday, February 18, 2008

More Pictures and Schedule Update

Daddy, the sleep magic man. He could soothe Mya to sleep too.
I am again on the lower rung but that is OK with me as I now understand that all comes in place in time.

Daddy also got Noah into the tub. But mommy fninished the bath and slathered him with baby lotion to get that dry skin in check.

This is what I saw often today. Noah likes the computer buttons and really likes daddy although I could have sworn he was saying YeYe (grandpa) instead of BaBa (daddy).

He likes to have his shoes and coat on at all times. He has also pointed to Keith's coat and brought him his shoes. He pushed my shoes at me too.

Thank you for all the support. Things are going well. Noah has had some really sad faces and a very short time of crying. So, mourning has been minimal so far. I expect more in time. It felt like a really long day-- just kind of hanging in the hotel and eating McDs. Hope we can find something better to eat where there is less of a language barrier, soon. Official paperwork and transactions occur tomorrow with a museum tour and orphage tour on Wed. I think Thursday is free and Friday we get the Visa and fly to Guangzhou. The weather was cool and cloudy today. It's supposed to warm up and get sunny by the end of the week. Guangzhou should feel summer-like by the time we get there.

28 viewers thoughts.:

~Amy~ said...

I'm so excited for you! His little face is too cute. I'm praying that these week goes smoothly and he transitions into your family very well. Hugs to you my friend!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

He is soooo adorable....
Hope things go pretty smoothly for you in this transition...
I can't wait to see a cute little smile on that adorable little face....
Sounds like you might have good weather in Guangzhou...

Ashley said...

Praying for a smooth transition ...

The Woodalls said...

Your son is just gorgeous! Congratulations!

(We are friends of the Ogles in Alabama. Someone posted the link to your blog on our FCC group.)

Emily Woodall
mom to 4, (one from China!)

OH MY #6 said...

Oh my Verna, he is so beautiful. My hope is that the rest of trip goes smoothly.

Congrats

Lea

Michelle said...

Oh, Verna!! Noah is so precious!!!

I am so happy for you! It is sweet to see how he has taken to his Ba Ba. Love the picture of them hanging together at the computer.

Wow...did they ever have him bundled up for gotcha day, huh? Too funny!

I look forward to following along on the rest of your journey.

Congratulations!!!

Our Family Adventure said...

Verna, awesome to see you together at last. What a wonderful little man! Blessings, Terry

GWEN OATSVALL said...

love the color orange on Noah ... you will have to get Noah his own computer when he gets home like Mya's .... looks like things are going well ... we will be in prayer till you get home ...

Carrie said...

Verna, Noah looks as precious as can be! Thanks for all the GREAT pictures and things sound like they are going as well as can be expected. Give Noah lots of hugs for us and we are continuing to lift you up in prayer through the coming days.........

nikki said...

Tears of joy are streaming down my face for you, sweet friend! Noah is just gorgeous! What a big boy! So glad he is bonding with Keith...yes, this time you are well aware that your turn will come!
XOXOXO
Keep the pictures and updates coming.
Love you and will continue to pray for health, safety, and more happy smiles from Noah.

Laura said...

So excited to see your photos this morning.
Noah is adorable. :) I think the bath photo is my favorite.
I am glad to hear that he is doing well. PTL!
I know you must be overjoyed to have baby #5 in your arms now! Congratulations and we will look forward to your updates!
Laura Lundberg

Anonymous said...

I'm crying tears of great happiness for you and Keith, Verna!!
Noah is beautifully handsome. He has a precious face and I can't wait to see Mya and Noah together at last. He looks like a healthy size!! :)

Praying, Praying, Praying for everything to go well...

holly m. said...

That's me up above, Verna! It didn't take my signature like it usually does.

Holly M.

GWEN OATSVALL said...

Hi V....Steffie again...he looks darling....I will keep you in my prayers..... ;)
S*

Robin said...

I'm back...I can't stop looking at his precious face! You may be responsible for another trip to China after Mia Hope comes home. Noah has one of the most precious faces I've ever seen. A very beautiful child with the dark skin and the rosey cheeks. His hair is such a perfect cut for him. I REALLY want to kiss those cheeks!!! Please give him lots of kisses from St. Louis!!!

Leigh Ann said...

What a wonderful journey, thank you for sharing! Wishing you safe travel home.

Beckyb said...

You know I'm praying - constantly!!! What a blessing little Noah is - our prayers are being answered!!! He's a doll!!

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh is he a cutie!! I can't believe how big he is. But I think I'm comparing him to Mya when you got her. She was younger than that. Can't wait to see you all!
~Katie

Carrie said...

he's so big! and cute! how does it feel to have a little boy again. its been a long time since joe was little.

noah is as big as mya it looks. he's ganna be such a stud. how is mya doing back home? who is she with today? i sent her another letter, i drew some pictures of a penguin in a car and a penguin standing outside, i told her jon and i wish we could be there with her and we hope the fish at under water world dont hide. :)

love you all

Tiffany said...

SOOOO happy for you guys! He is SO adorable! I love his cute cheeks and that cool haircut.
Oh my .... makes me excited to get our little guy!
Congratulations and blessings to you on the rest of your journey!
Keepign you in our prayers!
Tiffany

Denise C said...

OH he is so precious!!! Those little cheeks are so sweet!!! What an adorable little boy you have been blessed with! Lifting all of you in prayer!!
Sweet Blessings!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Love it! Look at that little Daddy's boy...and you are right, he will be a Momma's boy too in due time. I am so happy for you! What a cutie.

Marnie said...

Oh he is a beautiful boy!! I am so happy for you, I am crying myself! Just remember that it takes time for the kids to warm up to the mommies, but it does happen. Look at Mya now, cannot have momma out of her site. I am glad things are well for you and cannot wait until you are safe at home with him. Should be an interesting time when he meets Mya. Love and friends, smoochies too!!

Margaret Miracle said...

Noah is so beautiful. I am really enjoying following your journey to China.
Margaret
waiting to go get our Graeme

The Johnson Family said...

wow Verna he is precious and I love the story about him waving bye to you..so funny ..I am praying for you all!!

shelley said...

He looks wonderful. So healthy...glad to know the trip is going well. Get rest when you can...keep those pictures coming.

It's All A Part of Life said...

We were thrilled to see all your pictures. Congratulations! We can't wait to meet Noah. Love, Lily, Caroline, Paul and Linda

*Kate said...

Hi - I am a coworker of Keith's and I have been quietly following your blog for a little while. I am so excited for this new addition to your family and just couldn't keep quiet any longer. Congratulations! You are definitely in my prayers during this transition!

*Kate