Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ni Hao! from China


We arrived in Beijing at approx. 9:15 pm and were safe in our hotel by 10:15. We called home to speak with Mya. She is VERY excited. However, she did have a night terror the night we left. Fortunately, I had warned Colleen to expect them. She had had a couple in the last few weeks. I feel they are brought on by the stress. Keith and I slept for nearly 12 hours--Ambien for me and exhaustion for him. We ate at McDonalds for lunch. I have attached a picture of a tree in the lobby of our Hotel--Days Inn Beijing. There are many CNY decorations still up. (Wonder if they have big after CNY sales . . . but I digress.) We will attend the acrobat show with the group tonght. Everyone is wonderful. Having a pretravel Yahoo group to talk and share pictures was a great way to get to know folks. We are off to Wuhan in the morning and have a day to catch our breath and then we get Noah on the 18th. So far things have gone very smoothly. We both have knots in our stomach today, though. I can't help but wonder what our guy will look like. All of his pictures are from last summer. That is an eternity in a 2 yr old's life/growth. Soon, soon . . .

14 viewers thoughts.:

Robin said...

Sooooo happy you made it safely to Beijing!!! I have been praying for safe travels and I will continue to pray that Noah has a smooth transition into the arms of his forever family! Have fun!!!

Watching anxiously from St. Louis!
Robin

Steffie B. said...

I still can't believe you are there again! ;) Leaving for Gwen's is AM....can' t wait for the 18th! Blessing to you and Keith....stay safe!
hugs....

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

YEAH!!!!
I love the picture...
Glad you had a Great Flight and you got some rest...
Be Safe girly..
Hugs to you..
Can't wait to see Noah in your arms...

redmaryjanes said...

Oh Verna! WOOHOO! You are there!! Noah is going to be beautiful and perfect and your son.
I am so happy for you. I will be praying for a wonderful experience for all of you.

Michelle said...

Verna! I have been checking in....so glad to see you are now in China. Yay!

We traveled once during the CNY and loved seeing all of the decorations...they were really spectacular!

Enjoy your time....it won't be long now!!

nikki said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you are really there! You must be pinching yourselves!!!!

So glad to hear you slept well and are having a good time with the others in the group...I'm holding my breath till the 18th!

XOXOXOXO

Denise C said...

Just checking in to see if you are there yet...and YES YOU ARE!!!! Oh I am so excited to see you with your sweet little boy!
Thankful for your safe travels and good sleep!
Sweet Sweet Blessings!!!!!!

Ashley said...

YEAH!! I've been eagerly checking in. So glad that you made it safely. Can't wait till the 18th!!

The Johnson Family said...

So happy that you made it safely and like everyone else can not wait to see precious Noah in your arems!! praying for you all!

Gail said...

Also been checking in to see if you've arrived yet. Can't wait to see you with your little Noah!
:)

holly m. said...

WOW,Verna!!! You're in China, again! Noah is the perfect son for you and Keith! Of course you have knots..you don't have your baby yet!!

shelley said...

I am so happy to know all went well. I too have a knot in my stomach. I can't wait to see you holding your boy.

Carrie said...

Glad to hear the arrival went well! Get all the rest you can! I am so thrilled for you both and can't wait until the 18th! Praying for you all....

The Tangs

~Amy~ said...

I can't wait to see little Noah! I'm praying for you every step of the way!

XOXO!!!