Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Today's Distractions

Meet my buddy, the Dyson Animal. We are hanging out today, making sure all is vacuumed prior to leaving. Can't say that I will miss him. Just need to make sure the cat/dog hair is at a minimum. Joe watched the house when we went to get Mya and, being a guy, he did not notice the layer of yuck on the carpets. So, I vacuumed when I got home. Will have to ask Erin to do a cleaning before we get home.
Tomorrow, Colleen arrives. Poor girl. I think we have an instruction manual to give her. Stuff that we take for granted but she won't have a clue.

The lotions arrived this morning. I got them packed and will be required to check them as the airlines now have strict rules about liquids. One of our travel mates had her shampoo taken at security. Sounds crazy to me but I guess you could make your shampoo or lotion in to an explosive if you were really that kind of person.

OK, gotta get back to Mr Dyson. Mya is playing with the packing peanuts!!!

15 viewers thoughts.:

Peekapoolady said...

So glad the lotion got to you on time. I have been checking in on your blog regularly...so exciting! It won't be long now! :)

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

I LOVE my Mr. Dyson also...
Got to love dog hair..LOL..
I have enough for everyone...

Steffie B. said...

I said a little prayer for you...stop by....I hope it warms your heart my friend! ;)

Beckyb said...

Hey - that's my best friend too!!! I didn't know we had the same best friend!!!

I'm praying for you, my friend!!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

I am praying right along with the other two amazing ladies..
Can't wait to watch your journey to sweet little Noah...
Waiting to see him in your arms..
Have a FAST 5 days...

Carrie said...

i want a vacuum like the dyson, suck up all that cat hair! ahahahha.

nikki said...

I have vacuum envy! Mr. Dyson is handsome and I have always wanted one...

Can't stop thinking about you, my sweet friend...you'll have your son soon.

Love you!
XO

Denise C said...

Verna,

I just wanted to tell you that I'll be lifting you and your husband in prayer as you travel to China to get precious little Noah!

I absolutely cannot wait to follow along on here...and see the "Gotcha" moment! Oh my...what a special day!

Sweet Blessings,
Denise Crockett

Michelle said...

Verna,

I wanted to stop by and wish you a very wonderful trip! I will keep you in my prayers and can't wait until we see pictures with Noah in your arms! Just in case... be prepared if he happens to run from your arms, like Miss Sophie did. LOL!

Have a great trip!!

p.s. I love coming home to a clean, freshly vacuumed house, also!

kristihend said...

Our prayers are with you as you are busy getting ready to go! Also as you travel! We are so excited and will pray for all those things that we know are part of the trip! Sending our love to all! Kristi

GWEN OATSVALL said...

mr. dyson is not my friend either ... i will be waiting impatiently by the computer after you land ... i will live vicariously thru you ... i can't wait to see another picture of that adorable face ...did you pack the hotwheels cars ??? toys in a backpack was our best friend in china ...

amy said...

thats pretty cool! Praying for you guys

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Valentine's Day my Darling Verna!

Steffie B. said...

I'm thinking of you.....love you! ;)

Todd & Nichole said...

Hi Verna, it has been a while but I keep checking in on occasion. I hope you have a very safe and wonderfull trip. I can't wait till you get to meet your handsome little man.
Niki