Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Update on My Back

It's been nearly 2 weeks since my back started acting up. I am doing MUCH better. However, I have decided to see my doctor just to be prepared and make her aware of my concerns. You know how it goes, though. You make an appointment. Then you feel better and think about (and sometimes do) cancelling your appointment. I nearly did cancel yesterday but didn't get it done. By the end of my shift last night, I was glad to be going in. The last thing I want to do is be in China without adequate pain meds.

For those recommending a chiropractor, I really need to find a good one in my community. The last one I went to was a brute. It took me longer to recoup from the adjustments than to just stay home and heal. I do appreciate chiropractors. The very first time I had a major back problem, the MD didn't do any thing but the chiro took the time that was needed to get me walking straight and pain free. Unfortunately, we moved and, he is also getting such a big practice that it is hard to actually get in with him. Don't you just hate trying to find a new doctor, dentist, chiro, etc. when you move?

Thank you to all who commented and prayed. ~v

2 viewers thoughts.:

Steffie B. said...

good luck my friend....I am at the chiro twice a week right now. Get adjusted a few times before you get on that plane! ;)

kristihend said...

Will pray for your back! I have had neck problems since right before we went to China to get Anna. The Chiro helps but my stubborn, stiff neck goes back out all the time. It is so time consuming and frustrating. Wish I could fix it myself! I would just leave it alone but my left hand gets "pins and needles" and I get terrible back of the head, headaches from it. Will let my "pain in the neck" be a reminder to pray for your back! Love and hugs, Kristihend