Monday, February 18, 2008

We've Got Our Boy

First sighting
Look at those layers--5, I think--2 of which were winter coats!! It's about 45 degrees here.
Maddie Luke is to the left.

Boy bonding with an airplane, of course.

First time daddy picks him up.

Even a sucker can't keep him awake.

Holding, almost clutching the photo album we sent.

Noah woke up at the hotel and loved the truck with the soft push handle the starts an engine. He's a bit cautious at this time but has smiled, gone to daddy and at a big lunch at McDs.

His smile is infectious. He giggled when Keith scratched his back . . . hmm. . . ticklish?

His skin is as dry as can be--we slathered him with hand lotion but will need to do that a lot in the next few days. He seems a bit congested and has a runny nose and a cough. Hoping it is minor but will have the doctor examine him in Guangzhou, if Shiyan brings one to the hotel.

Funniest moment so far: Noah went to the door and indicated to go out. I opened the door. He steps out, turns around, looks at me, raises his hand and waves bye-bye!

Sorry buddy. You're ours!!!

Keith just now worked his daddy magic and got Noah to sleep. He seems to like his little fleece blanket, especially the silk tag.

More later. Hugs from Wuhan. All is going well so far. God is truly in this.

21 viewers thoughts.:

Amy said...

Oh Verna, what a precious young man. I am so thrilled that you finally have Noah safe in your arms. We are praying for a smooth transition and I am so very excited for your family!

Amy Hood

Robin said...

I'm in tears! Congratulations!!! He is SOOOOO handsome...oh my! What a looker! I love those cheeks...how many times have you kissed them? I'm so very happy that Noah is with mommy and daddy at last...AMEN!!!

Shelly said...

He is soo cute! God bless you and your baby boy! Noah and your family remain in our prayers from IN.
I can't wait to see more pictures!

Shelly

Greg and Mary Louise said...

Congratulations Keith and Verna! It's so good to see you with Noah. We hope all is going well in the transition.

The Ogle family in Alabama

Gail said...

Verna, He's absolutely adorable! You are in my prayers that the transition continues to go so well. Congratulations on your newest addition!

The Wanless Family said...

Verna,
He is so handsome!! We are praying that his transition goes as smoothly as it can. Congratulations and we are so excited for you and your family!!!
Lisa and Mike Wanless

~Amy~ said...

he is beautiful! :)

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

I am crying here... He is soooo handsome...
So glad that things are going good...
He has the cutest face...
Hugs to you all...
Be safe..

Ashley said...

Oh Verna! I'm so happy for your family. Noah is adorable. Those cheeks are just precious. Looks like your son has a sense of humor! :)

amy said...

oh dear, i want to live closer as I want to squeeze those cheeks. they are just as squishy as his referral pics..

praying

Truly Blessed said...

What a blessing...to wake up to these pictures this morning!

Congratulations -- Noah is gorgeous and so healthy looking! Hope his sniffles are nothing serious...

GWEN OATSVALL said...

what a sweetie ... i am going to pick steffie up at the hotel .. we talked about you all night anxious to see pictures of you with your boy !! congrats and we love you !!!

Steffie said...

Hi Verna...it's Steffie...I'm still at Gwens...I am just a blubbering mess....I am so thrilled for you and to see that your boy has hair! lol I pray that his health will improve. Enjoy this time with him and I hope he continues to bond with you both!

Sending big hugs.....
S*

Laura Nipper said...

Verna he is beautiful. It amazes me that the bundle them up so much. Will continue to pray for you guys as the bonding begins and you head home. So happy to see the photos with Noah in them. :)

Carrie said...

my baby brother is sooo cute!

i'm glad to hear that it is going better than with mya. like you said, God is truly in it.

i cant wait to meet him myself :)

love you all lots

Denise C said...

He is absolutely precious!!!! Thrilled for all of you...Beautiful pictures of a sweet forever family!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Oh Verna, he looks so beautiful and healthy. And you look so happy. Is that the fleece we sent? Wow, that means the world to me. Kiss those cheeks for me!

holly m. said...

Oh my!! I've been on pins and needles waiting..I just wanna smooch his cherry cheeky's!!!

Maddie is so beautiful, too! Congrats to Heather!!

LaLa said...

Love him holding tightly to that album. We were at Gwen's last night and she said you were getting him soon and I had to take a look!! Glad Daddy is turning on the charm with him : )

Shannon said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new son! What a blessing he is!

Kimi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!....he is adorable!!! I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey.

Blessings,
Kim