Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Stuff

For some crazy reason, the kids are waking up just after 6 AM. Too early for me!! Do you all think the time change will fix that?? Hmmm . . . we'll see. Anyway, they ate breakfast cereal first thing and I made a pot of coffee--I think I need a bigger pot cuz it's only a 4 cupper. At 8:30, Mya asked for spaghetti. What's a mom to say?? It's nutritious. So, I heated it up and let them chow down, hoping that would keep them full for a while.

At 9:00, we left for local Families with Children from China playgroup. First, we were half hour early--only because I read the start time incorrectly. Thankfully, Laura, our host was not upset with me. Noah was hungry right away and ate a whole big banana. We had a good time catching up with everyone. The kids did really well. Mya said she had fun. I noticed we need to work more on sharing with everyone, not just Noah. We have actually only made it to playgroup a handful of times but each time we are graciously welcomed. I appreciate that.

On the way home both kids fell asleep. I was hoping to transfer them to bed and keep the naps going. Fortunately, I was able to do so but did not put pull-ups on either of them and they woke an hour later with wet bottoms--both were screaming which brought Keith out of the bedroom (he stayed home sick today).
`
Having to clean both sets of bedding set me in to a cleaning mode. There is really not much space in Mya's room. I wanted more room for Noah's clothes and made room for more toys on the floor by removing on shelf from there. Then I got in to Keith's office and got rid of the changing table and pulled a box from the closet that I had forgotten the contents--it contains lots of really nice girl clothes that I had saved. It will all go to my friend, Tami. I think her granddaughter can use them. The room in the closet allowed for some reorganization. Then Keith got into the act and shredded some old papers that he had saved for tax purposes. All in all, we ended up with quite a bit of room and others will benefit from our cleaned closets.

Now we are winding down, waiting for the crib sheets to dry. So, I'm taking a moment to jot down the day's events. As I'm sitting here, Noah runs up, gives the signal to go potty and says, "pee pee"!! Amazing! He also has learned how to say hello, Mya, Ginger, mommy, and daddy. I'm in awe of all that he seems to understand already. He definitely gets the word "NO" and has a defiant streak or will pout if he doesn't get his way. Guess toddlerhood looks the same all around the world!!

Hope you all had a great day. ~v

4 viewers thoughts.:

redmaryjanes said...

It sounds like things are going great. A little crazy, but that's normal...at least I think it is since it's crazy at my house : )

Steffie B. said...

Sounds like a wonderful crazy life.....I'm still having trouble with my customize page...are you?

Steffie B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

Sounds like all is crazy and happy at the Anderson household! Anna fell asleep in the car not too long ago and wet her carseat as I did not get her in pull ups. Had to take the thing apart to launder all the seat cushion and covers! I learned my lesson. If I even think she may fall asleep.......I keep pull ups in the car! At least everyone now has fresh sheets and a clean closet! I bet you are tired though!