Saturday, March 29, 2008

Picking Up Strangers


Yes, my parents warned me but I was recently downtown and found a curly-haired gal just standing of the corner of Hennepin and Third. Seeing that it was near the Minnapolis Library, I thought, "What the Hay?, I'll give the chick a ride." First, the gal asked me if I would like to tour the Library? I should have know this was going to be an interesting ride!! Then, to my dismay, she forced me to have dinner at Don Pablos and then go to the largest Christian bookstore in the area (http://www.mynwbooks.com/default.cfm?PID=1.4). Later, I dropped her off at a shabby hotel near the Plymouth Bethany office. She said she was hanging out there with some librarians. At least that explained the offer for a tour of one of the tenth largest libraries in the US but still, what a bizarre experience. Fortunately, I was unharmed!!! (And not forced to read any books ;)
***************************************************
Thanks Becky for all the fun!! I did have my camera but failed to pull it out. Silly me!! Just remember to tell Joe that you will be doing your Library tour when you pass through town on the way to "Daloof"!! Anyone else want to join us on our next adventure??? Nikki??

6 viewers thoughts.:

amy said...

I just love reading your blog my friend. You rock!

Beckyb said...

You are one goofy lady - whew, I'm just glad you picked me up that night - I'd probably STILL be standing there!!! But oh man, NOT to see that awesome library - nearly KILLS me!!!

LaLa said...

Love it....now stop picking up stangers on the street!!!

Steffie B. said...

You are so funny....just caught up on all your posts....lookslike the Littles are keepingyou on your toes! ;)

Kristi said...

Got to keep an eye on those librarians! You were lucky! I would love to take a ride on the wild side with you gals!

nikki said...

You crack me up!
Glad you and the curly-haired "stranger" had fun...and you KNOW I'm there with ya'll next time.
XO