Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back Update

Yesterday, I cancelled Noah's ear check and Keith took the kids to daycare for a few hours. He also cut his work day short to be home with us. My back uproved throughout the day. At 5 PM, I went to physical therapy and got some new exercises to help me through this rough time.

The mornings are the hardest because everything stiffens up during the night. Even though I got up at 3 AM and took meds, I was still very stiff. Had to make some adjustments to get Noah out of the crib--side down, chair for him to climb out and down. We are eating at the dining rooom table instead of the kitchen island so that I don't have to lift the Noah up to the stool. My temper is short and I have raised my voice many times already--it's only 8:00 AM! I have no patience to repeat instructions.

I will be doing the exercises and going to PT until this is gone. I have had back problems in the past and have usually been able to work/exercise my way through it but this time I just couldn't even get out of bed in the morning and spent most of the day on the sofa with a heating pad. Basically, the kids are doing their usual activites and I am moving slowly around trying to keep up as best I can.

Thank you all for your concern. I AM able to work on the computer. I have the laptop raised up on a box and stand while computering. I'll still be on the sofa with heating pad but hopefully not as much. I am using a back brace just to give me extra stability. I hope to shed it in a few days as my back is getting stronger from the exercises.

The Blog Fairy is offering $25 blogs this week. Check it out HERE to get the details. Orders need to be in by May 1 in order to get the lowest price.

Hope your days are going smoothly and painlessly. _v

14 viewers thoughts.:

redmaryjanes said...

I am so sorry Verna. There is nothing worse than back and neck pain. I hope that it heals up quickly for you.

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

Hello to the faithful Blog Fairy! I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I saw someone suggest a Chiropractor. I'm not sure what the cause of your back pain is but I can tell you that Chiro's are amazing. I had a friend that didn't believe me...she gave it a try and she believes in them now! I hope tomorrow brings more pain relief!

Kristi said...

Dear Vern, seems we have "back" and "neck" pain going on at the same time again. I have been to the chiropractor 3 times in the last week and a half. No fun and I will think of you and pray for you as we try to heal. I am most comfortable standing and not had to stay on the couch so I am now feeling like I have it made! Do rest and take good care of yourself so you guys can make up that dinner date! Will pray you are better and able to make all your appts.!

OH MY #6 said...

oh Verna, feel better soon.

Lea

Steffie B. said...

I am so sorry.....I hope things get better. I got major relief when the chiro used this little zapper gun on me. I think I know how the dog felt! lol

The Shocks said...

I sorry to hear that you back is acting up. I hope that it gets better soon. I know how hard it is to deal with a bad back and two little ones.

Kaylo said...

Hey Verna- sorry to hear about your back. Phil and I were looking forward to watching the little ones again. We're up to doing it another time if you'd like. I hope your back gets better, I know how that pain goes! I hope the kiddos aren't being to rambunctious for you. Hopefully see you on Sunday!

Leigh Ann said...

Praying the pain eases up and you heal quickly. Take Care.

Dannye said...

Oh Verna, I am so sorry to hear about your back...I too have back probs that act up about once a year, but when it does...yowsers, can't walk, etc...hope your up and running marathons soon!!

Steffie B. said...

Thinking of you.... ;)

GWEN OATSVALL said...

hope you feel better ... i am sure it is not easy w/ 2 three year olds running around the house to be out of commission ...

Laura L. said...

Hi.
I hope you are beginning to feel a bit better. So sorry about your back. :( BTDT and I know it's not a good place to be. Hope you'll be better soon.
~L.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Hope your back gets better soon!

Monica

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

Verna...are you okay over there???