Monday, May 12, 2008

Back to Work

Playing near the barn.
Left pic: Noah and Miranda discussing the ball.
Right: The little blondy is my grand-nephew--Mitchell. Jenny is cut off on the left.
*
Buds for Life!

Lots of emotions running through this old body today. We spent yesterday at my parents, celebrating dad turning 84 on May 5. Dad has Parkinson's Disease and it is taking a big toll on him. He was diagnosed nearly 10 years ago. He spends a lot of time sleeping and is often confused. We are thankful for each day we have him and for Mom, who is his caretaker. She works hard to keep dad going and it is taking a toll on her also. Through the ups and downs, she has stuck with it when others may have left. She is a tremendous example of "in sickness and in health". I had already sent a card from Mya and Noah to Mom but failed to actually with Her Happy Mother's Day in person. I did give her a big hug before we left. When the family gets together like that there are so many people that it is hard to spend more than a few minutes with each one. With 6 siblings, spouses, grandchildren, their spouses, and great grandchildren, it gets pretty hectic. Mya and Noah had a blast hanging out with their cousins, Jenny and Miranda who are young teens and like little kids.



Today is back to work for me. I'm going in early to get trained on a couple new analyzers. Lots of changes over there in the last 3 months. I have a new team lead starting today too and some new coworkers coming on soon. Things are never stagnant. I'm hoping for it to be a happy return. There are some folks having difficulties lately and that makes it hard to maintain positivity. I plan to do my best to be objective.

Mya turns 4 on Thursday. Unfortunately, I am scheduled to work that evening. We will celebrate with our Pastor (whose birthday is the 14) and Church family on Wednesday evening, following service. It will be fun and she will be happy with that. We will also send some treats to daycare. Better remember to get those ;)





Hope your week holds lots of interesting stuff. My blogging has decreased lately due to busy life and back pain (getting much better). We are outside a fair amount now and it will only increase as the summer arrives. I am checking blogs but have not left comments in a while. Just know that I do stop by even though I don't leave a note.

7 viewers thoughts.:

amy said...

Thanks for updating us and thanks for all that you do. your pics are just wonderful

nikki said...

Love the pics (especially the one of the kiddos in the car - holding hands)...hope your first day back at work is going well for you.
It was great chatting with you this morning.
Love ya!

Carrie said...

miranda looks like anna did a couple years ago in that photo. wish i could have been out there with you. havent seen the grandparents since last july when we moved, crazy. life goes by too quick.

GWEN OATSVALL said...

i hope your week goes well and your back feels better ... the prom pictures are so great ... Erin is one pretty girl ...

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

I hope your first day back to work was actually a nice break for you from the littles. Yes...we love our littles but a break is always nice. Glad to hear your back is better. Sorry to hear about your dad...its hard. Hang in there Verna!

Denise C said...

So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I will add your Daddy to my prayer list...and your mom too! Bless both their hearts!
Also...I am so sorry you are having back problems...I know all too well how hard that is to deal with! Praying for renewed strength and healing for you as well!
Have a wonderful week!

OH MY #6 said...

wow Verna i love it.

thinking of you lots.

Lea