Friday, July 18, 2008

Just Thoughts

This is me. Do I look happy or like I put on a smile? I took the picture of myself as we headed down the driveway to go out to Rapid City for the kitty return. The pink thing is one of those travel pillows. Sometimes I feel like I need one of those on just to keep my head upright so that I can continue with the business of life.
In some ways, so much is happening. In other ways, life is at a stand still.

Busy things:
1) Noah will be having surgery in the fall to release his left thumb and pinkie finger in hopes that he will be able to have opposability. He will also have a circumcision.
2) Mya starts preschool this fall.
3) Dad is getting worse and mom will most likely admit him to a nursing home this fall.
4) Joe and Rachael are planning their wedding and they would like to have their reception here.
*****a) Wood chips need replacing.
*****b) Rooms need painting.
*****c) Carpets need cleaning.
5) Erin will be a senior --graduation next summer -- same list as above!

Stand still:
1) Noah's language improves very slowly, making communication difficult/frustrating.
2) House and household chores are always the same--laundry, dishes, yard work, etc.
3) Only small improvement on the whining front--a continuing source of irritation.
4) Blog orders are down --OK by me as Becky has orders and I am happy for her.
5) Kids lives feels status qu0--wake up, eat, play, eat, nap, wake up, eat, play, bedtime.

I'm sure it's all in my current perception--much of life is. I am thankful all are healthy here. God is good in all things.

Good news for many of my friends. Our agency has changed their special needs program to match what other agencies are doing. Praying for quick matches for all of you!!

SO, what would make my life better?? A housekeeper!! :-) And, maybe a cook!

Have a great weekend!!

3 viewers thoughts.:

nikki said...

Amen and amen (to having a housekeeper and cook!) Wouldn't it free us up to do the more important things in life!?

Always good to hear from you, V.
Looks like you've got LOTS to do, for LOTS coming up!

Steffie B. said...

I sooooooo relate to what you are saying....don't you just want to chop your head off some times because it hurts so bad???? Did any one mention what you eat? Cuz lemme tell ya.....I just got done having almond rice for lunch......yipee.....trying to stay away from gluten, sweets caffenine, and that is to just name a few. !sigh~ I'm thirsty.....off to drink some fizzy lemon/lime water! ;)

April said...

I am so thankful to have a face to go with the wonderful person you are even if the smile is a little put on. :-)

You have so much going on and you still manage to keep it all together and bless everyone in your path. Thanks.