Friday, July 11, 2008

OK, It Wasn't the Kids



It was the momma--ME!! I just love how the little ones related to Carrie's kitten. Grandma had a little girl kitten that looked just the same and Mya was hauling it around all day at the farm. SO, I gave Keith the pathetic eyes and asked if we could take it home. The truth is, he likes kitties too but the 10-15 year committment is hard to swallow. I promised I would take care of her. She looks so much like Carrie's Scooter that we have dubbed her Kinko. Get it, like the copy company?? After sorting through other names, it turned out to be the one Keith liked the best and Noah can say it clearly. Can anyone out there beat Mya's smile???? I hope this kitty will be the kids life long buddy. AND the kitten loves the dog and the dog is mothering her a bit. See, it's all good. ;)

13 viewers thoughts.:

Anonymous said...

Look at the gleaming smile! Kinko is a cute name. That's exciting- there's another pet in the house?!?!? hehe.
~Katie

April said...

Ah, she is a copy cat. lol

She is adorable. I am so glad you got her. I was upset to know the other kitty was leaving...now I'm really happy. The kiddos really loved the other kitty and this one will be loved even more. Way to go Mama! That smile is so worth it.

Lady in Waiting said...

We must have that same heart - see that's why I love ya so much!!! I couldn't have not taken her home either!!!

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

Can you see the BIG smile on my face?? I just knew it!! I love that little kitty. I had one just like it called Mittens. Kinko is a great name. Verna, you have such a soft heart...but how can anyone resist such a sweet little thing?? I bet your kids were TOO excited!! Love the smile on Maya's face!!!

amy said...

what precious pics!

shelley said...

She looks like a perfect fit.

Carol and Taylor said...

Verna,

I love tuning into your sites to see how they change. I love your creativity. You continually amaze me.

Happy blogging and with kind regards from miami,

Carol and Taylor

p.s. Love the cute pics of your kids, too!

holly m. said...

Yes! The smile on Mya's face is Great of course, but....Really look at the second pic of Kinko. SHE'S the one that's smiling, just like Becky B.'s doggy after being carried on their walk!! :)

I KNEW you'd come home with a kitten, Verna and I'll bet you did, too! ;)

Welcome to the fam, Kinko!

Leigh Ann said...

Love the smile and the name!

I also like the colors of your blog and the header pictures - it screams summer:D

Take care.

nikki said...

Congratulations, V!
Kinko is the cutest, little kitty! And, that smile of Mya's certainly cannot be beat!
Enjoy!

Steffie B. said...

you are so funny and what a softy! lol Mya is beaming.....and Kinko lloks pretty content in the next picture....it must be love! ;)

GWEN OATSVALL said...

hilarious ... glad you came clean that it was all you because that is what most of us was guessing ...

not that i am whining here, but you haven't commented on my blog in a while and it is starting to get its feelings hurt(since you are the original creator ..hee hee) ... i am just relaying the message ... lol

Mr.Brian said...

SOFTIE!!!!!!!
But with a smile like that who could say no.And I am NOT a cat fan.