Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wow, Wow, Wednesday!

Some weeks there is lots to post. Others, nothing. We are having a "not much new" week. Unless, you want to hear about day to day stuff like laundry, vacuuming, mowing, cooking and childcare. I guess it is good to have weeks that are uneventful. Can't be running around all the time ;)


The kids did run in the sprinkler today. This photo is not from today but you get the gist.

Spent last night shopping with Erin. I am not a shopper but Erin is. We hit Target, American Eagle, DSW and Kohl's. Kohl's has some Vera Wang dresses for $10. Who wouldn't want a Vera Wang or two?? At that price, we can afford it ;) Otherwise, the typical school purchases were made--boots, jeans, blouses, unmentionables (does that mean I just mentioned them?), etc. It was a fruitful trip and I even got a couple things for myself.

Probably the biggest news is that we are filling out our questionnaire for our 6 month visit from our social worker. It is hard to believe our little guy has been here six months already but on the other hand hard to believe he has ONLY been here six months. Even with the typical sibling things, I wouldn't have it any other way. Keith is gathering pictures and I'm evaluating Noah's adjustment and ours, too. It's all covered--very complete.
Have a great week. Hope to have more to post soon!

8 viewers thoughts.:

Tsang Family said...

Hi. I saw your introduction on the BioandChinese group and just took a peek at your blog. Your kids are adorable! We adopted from Taiwan six months ago (and have a 10 year old bio daughter) so watching your gotcha day in China was quite intersting, very different from Taiwan.

I only recently joined the bioandchinese group too and it is very, very quiet. The person who invited me to join says they do have good information and ideas so hopefully it will pick up soon!

Anyway, I enjoyed your blog my older daughter was fascinated with your dog and kitty playing together!

Lori

Kelley said...

Six months already?!? Wow, time flies!

I think I need to go shopping; sounds like loads of fun!

nikki said...

I agree, it is hard to believe Noah has been home for 6 months already! WOW!

And yes, it is good to have some nice, uneventful weeks.
(cute pic)

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been six months already. He is just such a cutie!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Hi, I have met you in various places! :) Bio and Adopted group, RedThread and here!

Yes, the group can be quiet, which is was livier. I am reading your blog now. I think I will go back thru my e-mails and reread some of the mail from RedThread.

You littles are very cute!!

Leigh Ann said...

Yes, your right - can't be running around all the time. It's nice to stay put and enjoy the simpler things in life - like running through the sprinklers.

Glad to hear that everything is as too be expected with brothers and sisters:)

Marnie said...

I cannot believe it has only been 6 months either! wow!! Time flies when you are having fun!

Brian said...

I am simply amazed that it has been 6 months since we first saw Noah and Maddie! Like you, we don't remember life w/o Maddie.

Give our special boy a smooch,
Heather