Wednesday, August 27, 2008

6 months old and 38 lbs

The boy, not the cat but both are growing! Sometimes I can't believe this little man has only been home for 6 months. Because of his size, I expect his understanding to match. Not so. Although his language skills are pretty good, I still find myself becoming frustrated at his inability to enunciate words. When I get really frustrated, I'm sure he does too. He stutters and I give up. Not good moments. I feel really bad that my expectations are so high and he feels bad that he can't meet them. I am glad that we will be visiting the international adoption clinic at the end of next month. Hopefully, they will be able to accurately assess his progress and tell me if he needs help with language. (Mya will be staying home or else Noah would not get a word in!) Thanks for checking in.

6 viewers thoughts.:

Steffie B. said...

He is so cute.....he'll get there....but i do understand your frustration as Daniel is the same way! ;)

redmaryjanes said...

What a little darling. I hope that you are able to get a good evaluation done and some coaching on how to help him. Hang in there Verna. Your heart is always in the right place.

Gail said...

What a handsome guy he is...I can relate to what you're going through with Noah, I get frustrated too sometimes with Mr. William's speech, he will be screened in the next couple of months and see if he needs therapy.

Oatsvall Team said...

you know I am praying here for both of you ... I understand the frustrations ... I hope they can give you some advice ... love ya ..

Nikki said...

It's hard not to get frustrated sometimes, V...just continue to do your best and remember that Noah is too. Luckily, our kiddos are forgiving of our shortcomings too...otherwise we'd all be in some trouble, wouldn't we!? lol

(I'm always just an email away - or an IM away.)
Enjoy your weekend...and let's chat next week,K?

The Princess's Mommy said...

He is just adorable!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Monica