Friday, November 21, 2008

Keep on Keepin' On

Another busy week is nearing and end. Next week my work hours return to more of what they were prior to my start at **** hospital. If I have to do more training, I will be doing no more than 4 days per week--Weds off. It's just too hard on all of us. We need at least one day in the middle of the week to regroup. Training is going well. Nearly signed off in Heme/Coag/Manual. Moved on to UA miscellaneous desk. None of this will make sense to non-lab persons but I want to record it for myself. I'll be a regular tech in those areas and fit in more training as time allows.

Noah has healed well and hardly seems to notice his cast now. Will be so nice for him to have his hand back. Can't wait to see him use it. His language seems mushy lately. Might have to get his ears cleaned out. Seems like he isn't pronouncing things clearly. I can understand most of the time but get very frustrated at some points.

Mya is busy with pre-school. Next week we have a conference. So I will find out how she is really doing. I'm sure it will all be good.

Carrie and Jon came out to see my Dad last weekend. Long trip but I'm sure they are happy they did it. Erin went out on Sunday also. Seemed like a holiday at the nursing home. So many of my family were there. In one of his more lucid moments, Dad commented that we were taking up too much room and may have to move to a different spot. Wish I would have taken a picture of us all together, chatting and just being there with Dad. Carrie did take some pictures but haven't seen them. It is a great memory for me. Kind of bittersweet.

Home life is at a standstill as I train and we travel out to the farm. Finally vacuumed some today. The last time I did it was Saturday morning. Amazing how much dirt comes out of the carpet after just a few days. Pretty gross actually.

That's the update from here. Hope all is well with my readers :)

4 viewers thoughts.:

redmaryjanes said...

You have been on my mind. I'm glad that things seem to be going ok there. I will continue to pray for your father.
Hang in there honey.

Leigh Ann said...

Wed off is a great idea! Thinking of you and your dad. Hope you have a great Holiday!

Kim Kenward said...

Thanks for all email correspondence this week. I appreciate all the cast tips. I'm still on a hunt for Noah's darling kitty sock. I want one for Josie's cast too. Happy "almost" Thanksgiving.

Hugs.

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

I pray your dad is doing better. That's great news about Noah's hand. Off on Wednesday is a nice mid-week break. I hope your family has a blessed Thanksgiving Day with your newest addition!

Hugs from St. Louis!
Robin