Thursday, November 06, 2008

My Parents -- Tough Times


This is a photo from the first time dad met Noah. Dad spent some time in a children's home. So he is always asking about these two. Dad has Parkinson's. Mom has done a terrific job taking care of him but things just got to be too much a couple months ago. Dad is living in the local nursing home. Sometimes I wonder just how much nursing is done in the homes. I think they are understaffed and the employees sometimes become numb--not Mr Brian, though! Anyway, Dad got a UTI and it went into his blood. He has been in the hospital for a couple days and is now heading back to the home--a very weak man. Mom is doing the best she can but it is very hard. We appreciate your prayers. Thanks.

11 viewers thoughts.:

amy said...

will be praying for your dad and your family

Anonymous said...

Will do!
~Katie

Kristi said...

I felt led to check your blog and check on Noah. I am sorry about your Dad Verna........very hard stuff. I am praying for you, Noah.......your mom and dad this evening.

Don and Be said...

Verna,
Went through it with my parents. My heart is with you.

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

Oh Verna...I will keep your mom and dad in my prayers. I completely agree with your comment about the nursing home. I have to say I was quite shocked by some of the things that I saw "after" visiting hours when my dad was there. Our Seniors deserve better....but I also know it isn't an easy job for the staff. I can't imagine how difficult it must be on your mom. I pray that God gives your mom strength and your dad comfort.

holly m. said...

Of course, Verna. I'll pray for your Mom and Dad and whole family as you go thru these times. I know how hard it is.

I hope Noah is doing well.

Steffie B. said...

We have been praying for all of your needs sweet girl..... ;)

Colette said...

Thanx for the note about mom and dad.
colette

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure this is a very sad time as you watch him go thru this. I will be praying for you all. DH is a hospice chaplain and he tells me that he often see his patients neglected. Very sad. :(

Anonymous said...

Verna...I'll be praying. I haven't checked your blog for a long time...need to get caught up, my friend. Hope you had a happy birthday!!

Shelly Holt

Mr.Brian said...

It has to be so hard to put a parent in the nursing home.
My motto is to treat them the way I would want my parents to be treated.
I am very luck to work with so many who deeply care about our residents.However I've heard some sad stories.It warms my heart when a family member tells me how much they appreciate all we do.
You do have to have a great love for these people and some days it is stressfull,but I just ask for strength from the man above.
Hope your dad is getting stronger by the day.