Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Noah's Surgery

Cell phone pictures -- I forgot the regular camera.
Playing with hospital toys prior to surgery.

Relaxing in the recovery room.


Noah came through his surgery well. The most difficult part was waking up to a casted arm and hand. He will wear that for a full month so that the grafting has a chance to fully heal.
Today went better with only a few requests to take the big purple bandaid/mitten off. He doesn't seem to be having much pain but I am trying to give him acetaminaphen and ibuprofin on a regular basis. He also has some codeine but I've been reluctant to give much of it--mostly if he complains a lot and at bed time.

12 viewers thoughts.:

holly m. said...

Sweet little boy, I'm praying for you, Noah!

Carrie said...

I will pray for Noah's fast recovery and minimal pain. He looks so darn cute in your pictures. Praying for you as well!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know it was so soon already, well it is already November. Looks like he's handling it well, that's good! Prayin for you guys!
~Katie

Kim Kenward said...

I just wanted to know that I'm praying and thinking of Noah. I've lurked on your blog for awhile and our own SN daughter will go through hand surgery/casting on December 18th and it's always reassuring to see other families come through these procedures in one piece. Continued blessings to your family.

Kristi said...

Our prayers are for a good and quick recovery for Noah. We know he is in the best of care! Hope everyone has been able to rest.

Steffie B. said...

Thinking of you and sweet Noah....praying for quick healing and not much pain.....love to you all!
Hugs....
Steffie

Anonymous said...

Verna and family, I meant to ask how Noah is doing when I saw you last night. I hope all is well.

Steph D.

Gail said...

Hope your handsome little Noah is healing well and doing better. No or mimimal pain too. Hope you are hanging in there too Verna. :)

Don and Be said...

Noah, you are a real troper, dude!

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

Praying for sweet Noah!

cammysue said...

Verna and family.....lots going on in your lives. Hoping Noah's hand heals quickly and that Grandpa is feeling better soon. May God bless you all!

Nicole said...

Hi Verna,

I am glad Noah's surgery went well. I hope he has a speedy recovery. My best to all of you.

Nicole