Monday, December 22, 2008

First Tree in 15 Years--Dose of Reality


With mixed feelings, we have put up a tree this year. The idea was to create a new tradition for the little ones. They were very excited but tempers flared and it turned bad. Erin criticized the whole venture when she got home, claiming our current traditions were not good enough. So, now I can barely look at what was supposed to be something beautiful. The cat likes to play under there so it's messed up but I don't even care. Can't wait til it's all over now and I can take it down.

10 viewers thoughts.:

D said...

I think it's beautiful. My "bigs" do the same thing. I think it's because they're jealous. Don't let it get to you. Enjoy your new traditions. I know we are here in our land of bigs & littles.

Anonymous said...

it's awesome! are those red envelopes? at least they aren't checking in them for money- that's something i might do. haha kidding. the ornaments are pretty!
~katie

Kim Kenward said...

It's beautiful and we have a Chinese tree and a regular tree to keep peace. The green-eyed jealousy issues are super strong in our house with the 10 year old. I'm secretly relieved to know that it's not only in my house that this issues occur.

PS. I sang your praises on my blog yesterday on bathing tips for Josie's cast. Hugs.

Steffie B. said...

It's beautiful Verna.....and I think the new tradition for the Littles is well in order.....

Merry Christmas....
Hugs,
Steffie

Don and Be said...

It's a great looking tree!

Mr.Brian said...

Sorry to hear a new tradition turned bad.
Hope by now things are better.
I'll give you a big hug to help you feel better.
H U G !!!!!!!!
Mr.Brian

redmaryjanes said...

Verna,
I think your tree is absolutely beautiful! Don't be discouraged, it is such a wonderful time of year. I think that while the Bigs enjoy being Big, sometimes they miss being Little again. Sometimes I think they wish they were still their Momma's little ones. Don't take the criticism as something hurtful, see it as a request to be treated like your special little one again if even for a short time :)

Kristi said...

It is hard with the bigs and littles Verna! We went to take Anna to Santa and my oldest was a pill about some things all evening. Ruined my evening and took away from Anna's fun. If only they could remember all the special things we did for them when they too were little. Maybe it is in their brains way in the back and will come pouring forth when they become parents! Enjoy your lovely tree and Merry Christmas to your family.

day by day said...

Hi Verna!

Your tree is beautiful and I agree with what one of the other posters wrote...the bigs do tend to get jealous sometimes. Mine do, anyway!

Thanks for stopping by our blog and for your very kind words!

I wish you and your family a VERY Merry CHRISTmas!!!!

Laura Nipper said...

Your tree is beautiful. Change is never easy, but new traditions are a good thing as well. Merry Christmas. :)