Monday, January 19, 2009

Brand New Week


Today, there is no school--Happy MLK Day! So, we are lounging. Thankfully, it is warmer and Mya will probably make it outside. Not sure about Noah as his tolerance for cold is much lower than hers. Erin is home too. Well, for now. Still trying to organize and de-junk. My entry is full of stuff for the Lupus Foundation. They come on Wednesday. The garbage bin is already full as we were doing some serious tossing on Saturday. Keith has taped and plastered and will paint at the end of the week. I am working 3 evenings so that puts a damper on the house improvements.

In kid news, we were looking at homes yesterday and Mya peed her pants. If a child pees on the floor, does that make it your house?? ;) Both did well on the looking but were very tired and cranky when we got home.

My Dad is getting weaker by the day. He has lost 20 pounds since Christmas. If the weather holds, I would like to head out there this weekend. Mom is hanging in there. Not easy to watch the man you have spent your life with go down hill. Thankfully, he has said he is going to be with the Lord. There is peace in knowing that.

I did a bit of blog design late last week. Check it out here: http://momentsofdailygrace.blogspot.com/ It's for our new Pastor's devotionals.

That's about it from here. I must sign off now because the kids want to play computer games. Mya is quite proficient at working the computer!! Noah is still working on it.

Have a great week!

3 viewers thoughts.:

Laura L. said...

I love the cartoon!
I'm sorry to hear about your dad.
Can't believe Mya had an accident on your house hunting trip. Oops. :) Yes, I'd say you have a little ownership in that house. Ha.

holly m. said...

I'll be keeping your Dad and Mom in my thoughts and prayers, Verna and you, too..Take care.

Anonymous said...

uh like mother, like daughter??? don't get her started on coffee yet though. good luck on the house work- wish i had time to do that!
-katie