Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Truth

Daddy took the little kiddos to Wally World (Wal*Mart) on Friday morning. It was packed but he was able to get the evil Easter grass (that stuff is all over now) and some assorted Easter candy, including the traditional solid chocolate bunny.
I have not done Easter bunny stuff in years, for a number of reasons but primarily because, in my opinion, it takes away from the true celebration of the Resurrection.
This morning, as Mya was sawing the ears off of her bunny with a butter knife, she looked at me and said something about God dying on the cross and raising again being the real reason for Easter. So I asked why and she said to save us from our sins.
Wooo Hooo! The truth shines through!

7 viewers thoughts.:

Mr.Brian said...

See they do listen sometimes.

Steffie B. said...

so precious! ;)

Don and Be said...

Y'all are doing it right! Happy Resurrection Sunday to your clan.

D said...

We're in the same boat, so to speak. We haven't done the easter bunny in years. Now that the boy is 3, I don't want to confuse a bunny bringing candy with God sending His Son to die for our sins and rising from grave. I think this time around we will keep the "easter bunny" as a spring time ritual and let Easter keep it's real meaning.

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to hear it from a little one, did you cry. I almost always do. :o)
-Katie

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Yea for Mya!!!!

Pam said...

That is great. I try to make sure the kids know why we celebrate Resurrection Day and Christmas.