Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Moving Means Changes, Hard Changes

With great intrepidation, we found a new home for Ginger. City yards are small and city neighbors are not very tolerant of dogs snooping around. Ginger needs room to chase squirrels and sniff out rabbits without bothering anyone. So, after some help from Homeward Bound (we agreed that if we ever needed to do this it would be through them), we were contacted by a family with many acres, three chilren and three cats. Keith took Ginger down there on Sunday (I was at work, again) and at this point, they are giving her a trial period to see if she fits with their family. If so, she will stay there.

Who misses her most? I would say it is a tie between me and the kitten--the two of us spent the most time with Ging. The kitten is pestering us for attention. I didn't totally realize how co-dependant they were. They played together daily, actually off and on all day. I sure hope Ginger develops a good relationship with her new kitties.

I miss that little dance she did when I got up in the morning or came home at night. To me, she is a sweet dog with a huge heart. Yes, she did go in and out a bit, depending on squirrel activity but hey, that's pretty normal! She was always there, just there. Funny how you take that for granted. I do miss her but I know that if this family chooses to keep her, she will be well loved and taken care of.

4 viewers thoughts.:

amy said...

We had to do the same thing with our Autumn when we got home frm China. i know its hard!!!!

Steffie B. said...

Hope things are going well.....while the packing is tiring, the move has got to be exciting! ;)

It was good to hear from you....in your long email.....lol....and it was fine to vent....I'm sorry I didn't get back with you.....been a little busy here as well.....lol...just in a different way! ;)

Hope we can see you in July. I would love to see our boys together! ;)

Hugs,
Steffie

Mike and Kim said...

Way to hard to handle on your own. You are in our prayers.

Mike C

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Aww...I'm so sorry! That must be very difficult. Change can be so hard.

Hope the packing is going well!

Blessings,
Robin