Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Getting Involved


Today we got an email from Kim over at SEVENTH DIAMOND concerning the urgent need for medications at the Starfish Foster Home. Apparentlly they have been hit by a nasty bug and are running out of Aceteminophen and Ibuprofen for the kids. Both Mya and Noah had school this afternoon. So I ran to the store and picked up some of the meds to send off to China.  After the kids came home from their schools, we headed over to the post office to get them going. In our discussion of the need, Noah seemed to think we were delivering the bottles in person. Hmmm . . . nope, the USPS will do that for us . . . they have special planes that fly to China on a regular basis. They were both very excited at the post office. It took me a bit to find the proper container--I settled on a large padded envelope after making sure they would fit. Then, I told the postal worker that I needed a picture. I put the kids on the counter and got out the camera. As I fumbled with it (realizing it was on video, changing it to regular picture) Noah picked up the large envelope, opening down and dropped all the items on the floor --Yee Haw! I quickly took the picture and promised all those present that I would not return at Christmas time!!!

5 viewers thoughts.:

redmaryjanes said...

Thank you so much Daleea!

Erin said...

Yay!!! Mom you're so great,, and I love those two :D Hahahah so silly

Scott and Joan said...

A friend of mine here in GA also had that request on her blog. Hopefully a lot of people all over the country will see it! I plan on shopping this weekend.
Glad everone is doing well!

It's All A Part of Life said...

Hey, keep me in mind next time you send a shipment. We have some money on our flex account that we could lend to this cause. Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Cool picture!
-Katie